4/14/15

Top Ten Inspiring Book Quotes


Top Ten Tuesday is, as always, hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.  Today's topic is inspiration book quotes.  I love a good book quote, but am lazy about writing them down, mainly because I'm usually devouring the story and can't be bothered to grab a notebook and pen.  Thanks to Goodreads' quotes section, I pulled out these quotes, which I remember striking a chord with me when I originally read them.

“It is our choices, Harry, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities.”
~ J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets

She was the heir of ash and fire and she would bow to no one.
~ Sarah J. Maas, Heir of Fire

“You never really understand a person until you consider things from his point of view... Until you climb inside of his skin and walk around in it.”
~ Harper Lee, To Kill a Mockingbird

“Piglet sidled up to Pooh from behind. "Pooh?" he whispered.
"Yes, Piglet?"
"Nothing," said Piglet, taking Pooh's hand. "I just wanted to be sure of you.”
~ A.A. Milne, Winnie the Pooh

Fairy tales are more than true: not because they tell us that dragons exist, but because they tell us that dragons can be beaten.
~ Neil Gaiman, Coraline

The more that you read, the more things you will know.
The more that you learn, the more places you'll go.
~ Dr. Seuss, I Can Read With My Eyes Shut!

“As he read, I feel in love the way you fall asleep: slow, and then all at once.”
~ John Green, The Fault in Our Stars

“There is never a time or place for true love. It happens accidentally, in a heartbeat, in a single flashing, throbbing moment.”
~ Sarah Dessen, The Truth About Forever

“You don't love someone because they're perfect, you love them in spite of the fact that they're not.”  
~ Jodi Picoult, My Sister's Keeper

“One must always be careful of books," said Tessa, "and what is inside them, for words have the power to change us.” 
~ Cassandra Clare, Clockwork Angel

POST SIGNATURE

2 comments:

  1. Excellent choices. I love these. Of course Harry Potter has the best quotes. And I love the Coraline one. So true.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE these, I have the same John Green and Heir of Fire quotes, but the Jodi Picoult one?! Perfection! HP is just so quotable, and I really need to get to The Infernal Devices! R x

    My TTT: http://confessionsofabookgeek.com/2015/04/14/top-ten-tuesday-inspiring-quotes-from-books/

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! I will always return the favour whenever I can!!

Flexible Template by ScreenWritersArena

Custom Design by Lea Christine Designs