4/21/15

Top Ten All-Time Favourite Authors


Top Ten Tuesday is, as always, hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.  Today's topic is a hard one -- my top ten all-time favourite authors!

1. Lauren Oliver
Although I didn't LOVE Panic, and still haven't read either Rooms or Vanishing Girls, my love for Before I Fall and Delirium have solidified Lauren as one of my all-time favourite authors.

2. Sarah J. Maas
I'm relatively new to the Throne of Glass bandwagon, but holy crap this girl can write!  I'm counting down the days until A Court of Thorns & Roses, which will hopefully tide me over until Queen of Shadows is released.

3. Andrew Davidson
This man has only written one book, The Gargoyle, but WHAT A BOOK.  I've read it three times, and it is absolutely one of my all-time favourite books!

4. Ann-Marie MacDonald
I still haven't found the words to review her latest release, Adult Onset, but a review will be forthcoming, as a finished copy was kindly sent to me for review by Random House.  Fall on Your Knees and The Way the Crow Flies are two of my all-time favourite books, and she Canadian, eh?

5. Jojo Moyes
Again, I still haven't read all of her books, but I've loved each and every one that I have read thus far, so I'm sure that the rest of her books are just as phenomenal.

6. Katie Cotugno
I loved How to Love when I read it last year, and was equally dazzled by her upcoming release 99 Days.  She's now an auto-buy author for me.

7. Kate DiCamillo
Kate is a middle grade author, but The Tale of Desperaux and The Miraculous Journey of Edward Tulane top my all-time favourite books list forever and ever.  

8. Sarah Dessen
I have yet to read her latest release, but I have read and loved all of her other books.  There's just something about the way she weaves the perfect contemporary story.

9. J.K. Rowling
I considered not adding her to this list, as I tried reading The Casual Vacancy and gave up after only a chapter or two; however, my love for the Harry Potter series necessitates having her on this list.

10. Jodi Picoult
Again, I contemplated leaving Jodi off this list, because some of her more recent releases haven't been as spectacular as some of her older books, but I loved Nineteen Minutes and Second Glance SO much that I had to include her.  We can't all be perfect all the time, and her great books definitely make up for the ones that were only okay.

Are any of your favourite authors on my list?  Do you consider an author to be a favourite, even if you haven't loved all of his or her books?  Let me know in the comments below, and thanks for stopping by!
 
POST SIGNATURE

7 comments:

  1. I would have trouble narrowing it down to ten, but Sarah J. Maas would definitely be on my list too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had trouble picking ten as well =)

      Delete
  2. I love Kate DiCamillo. My favorite of hers is probably Because of Winn-Dixie. But I love her Mercy Watson books too. Oh and Bink and Gollie. Those are great too. And of course I love J.K. Rowling!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel like Kate DiCamillo is an underestimated author -- glad to know that you love her too!

      Delete
  3. I'm way behind on Lauren Oliver books as well, but I love her writing so, so much!
    My Top Ten

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Kate DiCamillo!! And J.K. Rowling!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. There are a lot of amazing authors on here. Great choices. J.K. Rowling made my list, too.

    Aj @ Read All The Things!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! I will always return the favour whenever I can!!

Flexible Template by ScreenWritersArena

Custom Design by Lea Christine Designs