4/8/15

On My Nightstand - April 8

Although I'm not really writing reviews these days, On My Nightstand is a bi-weekly feature that allows me to share what I'm currently reading, some thoughts on what I just finished reading and what's coming up next from my TBR pile.


On my nightstand:


I'm savouring the last few pages of Champion, and then I'm jumping back into Neal Shusterman's Challenger Deep.  It's a weird, but strangely good book so far -- I'm still on the fence about whether I'm going to love it or hate it, but I'm intrigued enough to keep reading!

I also started A Storm of Swords on audio and read quite a big chunk of it, but I can never get through the entire audiobook in a three-week loan period (even when I volunteer for filing duty at work, just so that I can listen while I work!)  I want to finish reading the book before the show starts up again this weekend, since the final few chapters will encompass the final episodes of last season.


Recently shelved as read:


What are YOU reading this week?  Please leave me a comment below!
Omigosh, I finished Leigh Bardugo's Shadow and Bone and OMG you guys.  I originally picked this book up back in 2012, but returned it to the library because I just couldn't get into it.  Lauren @ Lose Time Reading just loves this book and since I know she's as inexperienced with fantasy as I am, I decided to give it a second shot.  Boy, am I glad I did, because the story and the character sucked me in, and I ordered a copy of the next two books after only reading 100 pages!  While waiting for Siege and Storm to arrive in the mail, I gobbled up the prequel novellas: The Demon in the Wood and The Witch of Duva.

I also re-read Legend by Marie Lu on audiobook while I was completing my practicum (checking off an inventory list of dusty, smelly boxes necessitates some good audibookish distraction!) and I love, love loved it even more the second time.  Re-reading my review from 2012 (yikes!) reminded me of how I used to be SO excited for book 2 to come out, but then the excitement of reading on in the series faded as the months went by.  I've binged a couple of series over the past six-ish months, and I really love this feeling of getting utterly and completely lost in a world for an extended period of time.  So, I immediately leapt into reading Prodigy and then Champion, excited to keep the momentum going!

Calling my name from the shelf:


As soon as my Book Outlet order comes in, I will be diving into Siege and Storm, followed by Ruin and Rising.  I can't get enough of the Grisha world!


How about you?  What are you reading this week!  Let's chat in the comments below and thanks for stopping by!

POST SIGNATURE

1 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you liked Shadow and Bone! I seriously love that series and I have a feeling you'll love the next books when they come in. They're so pretty too!
    This week I'm reading a mix of library books I just got, and currently When My Heart Was Wicked. :)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! I will always return the favour whenever I can!!

Flexible Template by ScreenWritersArena

Custom Design by Lea Christine Designs