3/19/15

Life of a Blogger - Nature


My good friend, Jessi, over at Novel Heartbeat runs this awesome feature as a way for her followers to get to know her better!  Check out the list of upcoming topics here.

Today's topic is nature.  Honestly, I live in one of the most naturally beautiful parts of the world.  I'm surrounded by lush old-growth forests, spectacular mountains and the Pacific Ocean.  The West Coast of Canada is definitely the place to be for spending time out in nature, which is, unfortunately, something that I don't do as much as I should.

Back in the day, I used to be very involved with Girl Guides, and would hike and camp on a regular basis.  Then, when my then-boyfriend/now-husband and I moved to Vancouver, life just got too busy to fit in volunteer time in Guiding and, as a result, I stopped all my outdoor activities.  Nowadays, we still spend time at the park or throwing rocks in the river (one of Marko's favourite past times these days), but I definitely don't spend entire weekends outdoors like I used to.  I've always thought that I will get back into Guiding again but, in reality, it'll likely only be if I have a daughter to share the experience with.  In all honesty, I don't miss camping that much, but I do enjoy soaking in the spectacular natural beauty that surrounds me on a daily basis, even if it's just out the windows on my drive to work, or while sitting outside in the sunshine during my lunch break at work.

What about you?  Do you spend time outdoors in nature?  What's the natural environment like in your part of the world.  Leave me a comment below -- and thanks for stopping by!

POST SIGNATURE

2 comments:

  1. I don't enjoy nature as much as I say I want to either. Which is a shame because I enjoy it when I'm out there! I do definitely miss the easy accessibility to it when we lived in Chilliwack tho! I mean, it was right in our back yards then and I got outside way more often then.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you live in a beautiful area! :)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! I will always return the favour whenever I can!!

Flexible Template by ScreenWritersArena

Custom Design by Lea Christine Designs