1/1/15

Reading Challenges - 2015!

Happy 2015!  That's going to take some getting used to -- I still feel like I blinked and 2014 was over.  With a new year upon us, I've already taken time to reflect on last year's bookish resolutions and set some new goals for 2015, but now it's time to share which challenges I will be participating in!  As with previous years, I'll be updating my reading challenges page (or trying to!).


1. The Prequel & Sequel Challenge
This challenge is hosted by Jessi @ Novel Heartbeat and myself.  Last year, I didn't set a goal for myself,and surprised myself with the number of points that I had earned!  This year, I'm aiming for over 100 points, or Veteran level.  I was close last year, with 92 points, so I know I can do it next year!


2. Flights of Fantasy Reading Challenge
Honestly, prior to 2014, I never would have called myself a fantasy reader but after Throne of Glass, I feel like I'm craving fantasical worlds!  When I saw Alexa @ Alexa Loves Books' sign-up post, I just knew that I had to jump on board!  I like that this one has no rules, other than to just read some fantasy in 2015 -- sign me up!


3. TBR Pile Reading Challenge
I sign-up for this challenge every year but I usually end up reading more library books than books on my shelves.  I've been better in the past few months at actually reading books that I own, and am planning to continue that trend in 2015.  I'd love to have shelves filled with books that I read and loved, rather than books that I'd like to find time to read ... one of these days.   Last year, I read 16 TBR books, but this year I'd like to double that number.  As I shared in my bookish resolutions, I've come up with my own version of a book buying ban, where I'll only buy books that I plan to read immediately.  I also have a tendency to read library books first because of the due dates; therefore, I'm going to take a brief hiatus from the library and focus on my book shelves.

How about you?  Are you participating in any reading challenges this year?  If you'd like to join any of the challenges that I've listed above, just click on the title of the challenge and I've linked the sign-up pages! 

POST SIGNATURE

3 comments:

  1. I'm doing the Prequel and Sequel, and TBR Pile Challenges too! I'm also joining the LGBT, Mythology, and Reading Assignment challenges.

    Good luck! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. My lovely themes are starting their second year in February and I'm not letting them get missed! Anybody doing fantasy can bring that material ~all paranormal, spiritual too~ to "Ethereal". Mystery series? A match for "My Kind Of Mystery". Like word-title games? "Gentle Spectrums" suits any genre under the sun. I stay connected with my guests as if they are in my house and give away prizes internationally. Every reason to join! :-)
    http://cmriedel.wordpress.com/mykindofmystery-2015/
    http://cmriedel.wordpress.com/gentle-spectrums-2015/
    http://cmriedel.wordpress.com/ethereal-2015/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't you think it's hilarious how we both didn't want to read fantasy at all and now we are entering a challenge for it?! I'm obsessed... honestly I don't even want to read anything else right now haha.

    Good luck on all the challenges this year Melissa :) 2015 is going to be a good year, I know it!!!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! I will always return the favour whenever I can!!

Flexible Template by ScreenWritersArena

Custom Design by Lea Christine Designs