1/30/15

January Wrap-Up!

Wow, the first month in 2015 is over already?!?  I was doing seasonal wrap-ups last year, but I thought I'd mix it up a little and try monthly wrap-ups for a bit...so, here goes!

The Books

Books Read: 4 (Grave Mercy, Tell the Wolves I'm Home, Saga Vol. 1 and The Rosie Project)
Of these books, three were books that were from my own shelves (even if The Rosie Project was a recent addition from Christmas!).  Only one book was borrowed from the library.

Books Acquired: 3 (The Rosie Effect, Mortal Heart and Orphan Train)
I bought The Rosie Effect as soon as I finished reading The Rosie Project.  In keeping with my New Year's Resolution, I'm reading it right now!  Orphan Train is my book club's next read, so it'll be coming up on my reading list soon.  After I finish The Rosie Effect, I'm hoping to jump straight into Dark Triumph, so I'll be completing the His Fair Assassin's trilogy soon, and needed to have Mortal Heart close by.

The Challenges:
Prequel & Sequel Challenge: None so far, but I started two series this month! 
Flights of Fantasy: 2 books read! (Grave Mercy and Saga Vol. 1)
TBR Challenge: 3 books so far! 

The Blog

I felt a renewed sense of blogging fire this month, and shared a LOT of posts!  I discussed racing to finish a read on December 31, and why reviewing has been hard lately.  I shared my challenge goals for 2015 and wrapped up the 2014 Prequel & Sequel Challenge.

I was excited to join back in with two of my favourite memes, so I shared some thoughts on scars, bad habits and achievements as well as lists of 2014 releases that are still on my TBR and series that I want to finish and binge this year.

I was just as excited to bring back two of my own features: Marko Monday and Favourite Friday!

The Other Stuff

2015 has been a great year so far!  I'm approaching a year at my new job, and I couldn't be happier.  There have been a lot of staff changes at the company since I started working and my position and grown and changed along with the company.  At my previous job, I would often come up upset about something someone had said or done, and would often spend the evening either complaining about work or sobbing on my husband's shoulder.  I'm a very positive and upbeat person by nature, and I didn't like the fact that the negativity in that office was starting to affect me as a person.  Now that I've left that job, I love how much I love my new job.  I'm still doing the same type of work (administrative), but my new co-workers are just amazing and the company is so great!  I took a leap of faith with my decision to start a new job, but it has paid off SO well.

I started my second to last semester towards my library technician diploma!  This semester is my field work (practicum) so it's not a regular class with reading and assignments.  Our final grades are just pass/fail, so we have to tour a bunch of different types of libraries and then do a two-week practicum.  My placement hasn't been confirmed yet, but I think I might be placed in a hospital library, which sounds pretty cool!

Marko's second birthday is coming up on February 9th!  It's hard to believe that it's been almost two years since I first shared a post about his arrival into this world!

With 2015 off to an awesome start, I'm excited to see what February will bring!  Hope you all had a great January, and thanks for stopping by!

POST SIGNATURE

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! I will always return the favour whenever I can!!

Flexible Template by ScreenWritersArena

Custom Design by Lea Christine Designs