1/16/15

Friday Favourite - The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time


I recently finished reading Graeme Simsion's The Rosie Project and the narrator, Don, reminded me a lot of the narrator in The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time.  Christopher is an autistic teenage boy, who sets out to solve the mystery of his neighbour's dog's death, just like his hero, Sherlock Holmes.  I absolutely loved seeing the world through Christopher's eyes, and found that I learned a lot about autism and how someone with autism processes certain things.  It was a riveting read and one that has stuck with me long after I read the final pages. If you haven't yet picked this one up, please do!

P.S. The Rosie Project is also an excellent read, as Don is pretty much a grown-up Christopher.  Hilarious and a really fun read!

POST SIGNATURE

1 comments:

  1. I loved this one when I read it in high school! I may have to check out The Rosie Project which I hadn't heard of before.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! I will always return the favour whenever I can!!

Flexible Template by ScreenWritersArena

Custom Design by Lea Christine Designs