12/30/14

Book Haul [14] -- Christmas Edition!

Hello fellow bookworms!  Hope you all had a very merry Christmas, and that Santa was good to you all!  My husband and my Secret Santa SPOILED me this year, and I'm so excited to share this book haul with you all.

From my Secret Santa, Kathy @ A Glass of Wine:

Vendetta by Catherine Doyle
Kathy had an extra copy of this ARC, and added it into the package.  The premise sounds intriguing!

Stolen by Lucy Christopher
Kathy chose this book off my "to-read" shelf on Goodreads because it's one of her favourites!  I can't wait to read it!

Amy & Roger's Epic Detour by Morgan Matson
Yay!!!  My Morgan Matson collection is complete!!!  I love love love this book, and am so happy to own a copy!

Kathy also sent me some tea and chocolate -- two of my very favourite things to enjoy while reading.  I also loved that she personalized each gift with a little sticky note explaining why she'd chosen each item.  Very thoughtful and sweet.

From my husband: 

I Shall Be Near to You by Erin Lindsay McCabe
I've heard nothing but amazing things about this book from bloggers that I trust, and my library actually didn't have a copy!  Since I'm on a bit of an adult kick at the moment, I'm hoping to dive into this one soon.

Burial Rites by Hannah Kent
I've been coveting this book since Hannah @ So Obsessed With reviewed it ... last year I think?

The History of Love by Nicole Krauss
I was chatting with some bloggers on Twitter about adult fiction and both Jaime @ The Perpetual Page Turner and Estelle @ Rather Be Reading highly recommended this one, so it was instantly added to my TBR.

The Rosie Project by Graeme Simsion
My husband got me a signed copy!!!

The Bane Chronicles by Cassandra Clare, Sarah Rees Brennan and Maureen Johnson
Although I still haven't finished the Mortal Instruments series or the Infernal Devices series (I know, I know!) Magnus Bane is definitely one of my favourite characters, and I'm looking forward to seeing what his story is like, as well as how the contribution of two more writing styles adds to the story.

Heir of Fire by Sarah J. Maas
It's taking ALL of my will power to not crack this one open right this very second, but a) I'm in the middle of another book and b) I'm waiting for Lauren @ Lose Time Reading to finish Crown of Midnight so that we can squeal and fangirl over this one together!

How about you?  What did Santa bring you this year?  If you have a Christmas haul, please leave me a link below and I'll stop by to visit!  If you've any of my new books, please let me know in the comments below -- I'd love to hear your thoughts on which book I should read first!

POST SIGNATURE

6 comments:

  1. Amy and Roger's Epic Detour is one of the next books on my TBR. I have been trying to read everything Morgan Matson since I picked up Since You've Been Gone this past summer. I hope you enjoy your new books :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So many fantastic books! I love love love Amy & Roger's Epic Detour and am excited to read The Rosie Project.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So many great books! Happy reading, I know it'll be fantastic :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh, such a lovely haul! I love Amy & Roger, and The Rosie Project was such a fun read. I'm hearing lots of good things about Vendetta too, I can't wait to read that one myself.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice haul! I LOVED The Rosie Project, one of my favourite reads of last year and I'm super jealous you got a signed copy! Nice work, husband! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Holy Smokes lady, look at those awesome books!!! I shall Be Near To You is one that I do want to read but gosh, I'm scared for the heartbreak I feel that is in it haha.

    I actually really want to read Burial Rites as well! It sounds so good and I don't know how I ignored that one for so long! Your hubby is so good at picking out books! Does he pick them out on his own or do you give him a list?

    GUESSS WHATTT?! I just Crown of Midnight again :) SO, I'm just finishing up The Body Electric and then I'll be starting, whoooo whoo!!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! I will always return the favour whenever I can!!

Flexible Template by ScreenWritersArena

Custom Design by Lea Christine Designs