11/27/14

Life of a Blogger - Thankfulness


My good friend, Jessi, over at Novel Heartbeat runs this awesome feature as a way for her followers to get to know her better!  Check out the list of upcoming topics here.

So, we're a month late, but today's topic is Thanksgiving related!  Since us Canadians celebrated Thanksgiving last month, and I don't really have any Thanksgiving traditions anyways, I thought I'd just stick to the topic of thankfulness, since that's a year-round topic anyways.

Bear with me while I get a little bit mushy, but I am thankful for my husband.  Today, while all my American friends are eating turkey, my husband and I are celebrating our fourth wedding anniversary!  And next month, on December 22nd, we will have been together for TEN years.  Ten YEARS folks!  That's a long time!  I feel like I've known him forever, and I can scarcely remember a time that he wasn't a part of my life.  He's my best friend, my soul mate, my support system, my EVERYTHING.

And there's another special little man in my life, whom I am also incredibly thankful to have, and that is my 21-month old son, Marko.  Every day he amazes me with the new words he's learning, or new ways that he sees the world.  He still likes to read books, and will sometimes push my hands away when I'm turning a page because he's still examining the pictures or he wants to read the story to me!  He's also obsessed with Elsa from Frozen (we listen to the soundtrack over and over and over again on our commute -- goodbye audiobooks!) as well as Mike and Sully from Monsters Inc.  Although he can't quite sit still for a whole movie, my hubby and I have enjoyed watching part of a movie for half an hour or so on a rainy Saturday afternoon, all snuggled up on the couch together as a family.  Each moment that I spend with him just reminds me of all the amazing memories and moments that we have yet to experience.  Being a mom is simply one of the most precious gifts and I am incredibly thankful to be living this experience.

So happy Thanksgiving to you all, if today is your turkey day, and hope you're all taking a moment to be thankful, even if it isn't Thanksgiving in your part of the world!

POST SIGNATURE

1 comments:

  1. Melissa! I love your blog. I have been trying to put the baby to sleep for the past hour and have been enjoying reading this. I have always appreciated your recommendations and am happy to have bookmarked this site :) Sara xo

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! I will always return the favour whenever I can!!

Flexible Template by ScreenWritersArena

Custom Design by Lea Christine Designs