11/30/14

Book Haul [14]

Happy Saturday!  We had our first dusting of snow this weekend, and holy crap it's cold!  Here on the West Coast (or the Wet Coast, as we call it), we don't actually get much snow!  Usually it just rains most of the winter (hence the name), so I'm not used to the temperature being below freezing!  It's the perfect weather to stay indoors though -- we all watched Ice Age this afternoon =)

I know it seems odd to do a haul this close to Christmas, but I ordered a few books towards the end of August, and I had to wait until the latest release date until they shipped, so the whole order came in November.  I also picked up a few review books from Edelweiss in the past couple of weeks, which I'm excited to share with you ... so, here goes!


Lauren Oliver's Rooms
I'm a bit apprehensive about this one, since it's adult (which is new for her) and it's been compared to Her Fearful Symmetry, which I liked but didn't love, but it's LAUREN OLIVER, so I'm also a little bit excited.  My winter TBR pile is full of adult picks, and this one is sure to be added to that list!


Michelle Hodkin's The Retribution of Mara Dyer
I've only read the first book in the series, and am desperately trying to remain spoiler free (seriously, people, with the Goodreads status updates!)  I'm excited to binge read this series, hopefully in the new year!



Jojo Moyes' Me Before You
This was one of my favourite reads of 2013, so when I saw this as a bargain buy at Chapters, I just had to scoop it up!  This story resonated with me on a such a personal level that I just had to have a copy for my shelves...


Megan Shepherd's A Cold Legacy
I'm having a tough time getting into this one, and I honestly think I probably should have stopped reading the series after book 1, since I'm not loving it.  I'm on the fence with finishing this book -- if you've read it, let me know in the comments!

Katie Cotugno's 99 Days 
I was super excited when I saw this book up on Edelweiss!  How to Love is one of my favourite reads in 2014, and I can't wait to see what Katie has in store in her next book!

  
Neal Shusterman's Challenger Deep
I looooooved Unwind when I read it a few years ago, although I haven't continued on with the series.  I downloaded this one on a whim, but just noticed that it has incredibly high reviews on Goodreads so far!

Hilary T. Smith's A Sense of the Infinite
Wild Awake was one of my favourite reads last year, so I'm looking forward to seeing what Hilary does next!


Jessi Kirby's Things We Know by Heart
Confession time: I have not yet read a Jessi Kirby book.  I know, I know, shame on me!  I even have a copy of Golden on my shelf, but I haven't taken the plunge just yet.  I'm excited to see what I think of her writing!

What about you?  What's new on your shelves?  Leave me a comment below -- and hope you're all having a wonderful weekend!

POST SIGNATURE

2 comments:

  1. Still need to get my hands on Retribution! Enjoy your new books!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rooms sound like an interesting book and beautiful cover, I love Lauren Oliver and Before I fall :) One of my favorite books.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! I will always return the favour whenever I can!!

Flexible Template by ScreenWritersArena

Custom Design by Lea Christine Designs