10/14/14

My True Love Gave to Me - edited by Stephanie Perkins


I had requested a couple of titles from St. Martin's Press, but hadn't had any luck with having my requests approved, so I wasn't feeling too hopeful when I hit the request button on Netgalley.  When my request was approved, I was so excited!  There's nothing that I love more than a good Christmas read, especially when it's filled with works by some of my favourite authors.

My True Love Gave to Me didn't disappoint.  My only qualm is that I wish it had been wintery outside when I read it, but that's only due to the fact that I read it before its release date, rather than at a more appropriate time of year.  This book is the perfect wintery read, curled up with a blanket and a mug of something warm and yummy.

I was pleasantly surprised that it's not a book that's purely filled with contemporary stories, especially since Stephanie Perkins is the editor.  I was expecting some cutesy Christmasy love stories (think Dash and Lily's Book of Dares), but there's a wide range of topics and genres included in this book.  Each author stays true to his or her particular style and genre, and I loved being able to revisit some favourites.  From the opening Rainbow Rowell story to ending the book with the gorgeousness that is Laini Taylor, I loved every moment of it.  I even enjoyed reading some stories by authors that I haven't experienced before, like Myra McEntire.

This book would make the perfect Christmas gift for anyone.  Know someone who's read everything?  Here's a book filled with stories that they haven't read yet!  Know someone who isn't much of a reader?  Here's a book that is filled with stories that will give them a taste of a whole bunch of different writers that will, hopefully, encourage them to pick up another book by one of these authors.

When you're doing your Christmas shopping this year, be sure to add this one to your shopping list, even if it's just for yourself.  You won't be disappointed.

POST SIGNATURE

1 comments:

  1. This sounds great! I'm usually not a fan of novellas/short stories in one book (I've gotten the same holiday mashup similar to this from the library for YEARS and still haven't read it). But this sounds fun AND it has Rainbow Rowell. This season....I'll do it ;)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! I will always return the favour whenever I can!!

Flexible Template by ScreenWritersArena

Custom Design by Lea Christine Designs