10/27/14

Marko Monday [12]

It's been a long, long time since I've done one of these posts -- long overdue!  Marko has been a reading machine over the past few months, and loves to cuddle up on the couch after a long day at daycare and just read through piles of his favourite books.  He'll often read on his own, babbling the storyline to himself, using the same voice intonations that my husband and I do while reading the same book.  It's quite cute how he imitates the way we read aloud.  I know in my heart that Marko is well on his way to becoming a reader!

His adores puppies at the moment, whether his plastic Scooby Doo from Wendy's, a stuffed puppy puppet or pictures of puppies in his books.  Sandra Boynton's books have been favourites of his for a while now, but Snuggle Puppy currently tops the list!  I read it in a sing-song voice, which he loves.  The final pages of the story include one page of whispered singing and the final page is supposed to be shouted.  At the end, he covers his mouth with his little hands to hide his huge grin, and then says, "A funny!"  I love that he's finding humour in the pages of the story.






Marko's just starting to pose for pictures, rather than grabbing at the phone.  My sister-in-law snapped this shot a month or so ago, and it's been one of my favourites ever since!


POST SIGNATURE

3 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, that is the most adorable photo ever! I remember my nieces being the same when they were Marko's age, they often used to copy the way I spoke when I read to them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is the cutest photo ever!! I love that Marko is so into the stories, we read to Sully, although not as often as we should. Sometimes he's quite mesmerized by our voices and the pages, other times not so much lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG, he is absolutely GORGEOUS Melissa, and that's so wonderful that he is such a little reader! He looks so much like you, his eyes are identical to yours! I'm trying to think what picture that reminds me of... maybe it's on your What's App? Regardless adorable :)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! I will always return the favour whenever I can!!

Flexible Template by ScreenWritersArena

Custom Design by Lea Christine Designs