10/9/14

Life of a Blogger - Scents


My good friend, Jessi, over at Novel Heartbeat runs this awesome feature as a way for her followers to get to know her better!  Check out the list of upcoming topics here.

Today's topic is scents, so I'm going to give you my top three favourites, and my top three least favourites.

Top three least favourite scents:
  • B.O. or just stinky people in general, with a particular note to couriers who smoke all day long in their cars and then come into the office to deliver parcels trailing their rank pack-a-day odour -- ugh.
  • Indian curry.  This goes hand-in-hand with foods that I don't like, and also a place once that I just couldn't consider renting because too much Indian food had been cooked within its walls!
  • Cigarette smoke.
Top three scents that are my favourites:
  • Peppermint.  I've also loved the scent of peppermint, from candy canes at Christmas to peppermint-scented candles year-round.
  • Vanilla.  I also burn vanilla candles since they make my house smell like I've been baking.  All of the perfume that I've ever worn is vanilla-based, starting from when I was a teen and would buy vanilla essential oils from The Body Shop!
  • Jean-Paul Gauthier's Homme.  My hubby has quite a few colognes, and they all smell amazing, but this one is my all-time favourite.
What about you?  What are your favourite smells or least favourites?  Leave me a comment below!

3 comments:

  1. I love candles with vanilla scent. I have a burner with vanilla wax, I love it. My boyfriend has a scent and every time he wears it, I have to sniff a couple of times. It's really 'his' scent now. I like clean and not-too-overwhelming scents too, like ocean-y things. Stinky persons are gross! If you come back from hard work and you have a little bit of smell to you, okay, but if you smell in the morning right after waking up.. UGH.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Vanilla is my favorite scent! It's just so nice and comforting!

    I love the smell of Indian curry, but it is one of my favorite foods! Our Indian neighbors actually built a second kitchen in their garage to keep the smells out of the house. Which just means all of those lovely scents waft across the street to us and make me hungry!

    Angie @ Pinkindle

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG I can't believe I forgot cigarette smoke!! I can't believe that. That's one of the worst smells ever to me. I have to smell it every single day because my fiancé smokes, and it's something I will NEVER get used to :(
    I've never smelled that cologne...now I'm curious! I'm not a fan of peppermint, but vanilla is pretty awesome!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! I will always return the favour whenever I can!!

Flexible Template by ScreenWritersArena

Custom Design by Lea Christine Designs