10/23/14

Life of a Blogger - Origin of My Name


My good friend, Jessi, over at Novel Heartbeat runs this awesome feature as a way for her followers to get to know her better!  Check out the list of upcoming topics here.

Today's topic is the origin of my name.  Ever since I saw this topic show up on the list of upcoming Life of a Blogger posts, I've been excited to share mine!  I can't wait to read the origins of everyone else's names too -- this is a topic that has always intrigued me.

So, my first name, obviously, is Melissa.  My parents were watching Little House on the Prairie one night and liked Melissa Gilbert's name, so they chose Melissa based on the actress.  Even though my name came from a TV show, it was based on a series of books -- so I like to think that I've been bookish since before birth!

Then, for a middle name, my mom wanted to use Ann, since that's her middle name, but she always liked the spelling from Anne of Green Gables better than her own spelling.  So, she gave me the middle name Anne -- adding a second bookish name to the mix!

I've always liked that my two names, Melissa Anne, are bookish in origin ... my destiny has always been to become a reader!

How about you?  What's the origin of your name?  Leave me a comment below!

POST SIGNATURE

1 comments:

  1. You have such a pretty name. My name is Quinn. My mom wanted an Irish name, and she also wanted a not common name because her name is Patricia, and when she was younger, that was a very common name. She had Quinn and Kaitlyn as possibilities, but then a coworker had a baby girl and named her Kaitlyn, so she decided to go with Quinn. Which turned out to be a good thing because names with Kate in them became really popular.

    I do like my name, but I wish I had a somewhat more bookish name, like you!

    It's fun to learn how people got their names.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! I will always return the favour whenever I can!!

Flexible Template by ScreenWritersArena

Custom Design by Lea Christine Designs