9/4/14

Life of a Blogger - Fitness


My good friend, Jessi, over at Novel Heartbeat runs this awesome feature as a way for her followers to get to know her better!  Check out the list of upcoming topics here.

Today's topic is fitness.  I feel like I have a love/hate relationship with fitness -- I'm not a fan of anything involving a ball or team sports of any kind, but I absolutely love physical fitness that I can do on my own. 

I know I said that I don't use the word "hate" too often -- but I HATED gym class when I was in school.  I hated being picked last, hated having to change back out of my gym strip and be sweaty for the rest of the day (ugh!), hated the fact that my head seems to have a magnet for balls of any kind (seriously -- volleyballs, basketballs, soccer balls ... you name it, I've been beaned in the head with it!)  I seriously counted down the days until I was finished with PE in Grade 10 and never had to take it again.

But then, in Grade 11, I started taking an aerobic kickboxing class with a friend of mine.  From there, I took an aerobics/dance fusion class (this was before Zumba was all the rage), then pilates.  I started going to the pool to swim laps, loving being alone with my thoughts while I leisurely swam the length of the pool (breast stroke -- I've never liked putting my face in the water, and can't swim in a straight line when I try to do any other stroke!)  When my husband and I started dating, he got me into weight training, which I don't do much anymore, mainly just because I don't have the time.

A few months before I got pregnant, I tagged along with my sister-in-law to a hot yoga class and absolutely LOVED it.  I went for about six months and then switched to prenatal yoga.  After Marko was born, I did "mommy and me" yoga and have now been doing power flow yoga for about nine months.  I absolutely love it and have now registered to do a month of unlimited yoga at a new studio that opened up a few blocks from my house!

While I was off on maternity leave, my other mommy friends and I would go for long walks while our babies slept in their strollers.  I still love going for long walks and we try to go walking every evening after work!  There's something refreshing about stretching your legs and getting some fresh air, especially after being cooped up at a desk all day.

How about you?  What's your fitness routine?  Leave me a comment below!

1 comments:

  1. Ugh, gym class. I have some terrible memories from my HS PE class!
    I did yoga for a while and enjoyed it, but I just...stopped. It's not that I don't want to, I just can't find time for it. I have my own yoga mat and a DVD, but I don't have the drive to work out at home. There's too many other things I could be doing >.<

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! I will always return the favour whenever I can!!

Flexible Template by ScreenWritersArena

Custom Design by Lea Christine Designs