9/21/14

A Look Back At Summer...

Holy moly guys, can you believe that it's fall already?  I had an amazing summer filled with evenings at the park in the sunshine, ice cream cones dripping down my elbows, lazy trips to the lake and more laughter and smiles than I ever thought possible!  We had some incredible summer weather this year, with some hot hot days and only a handful of rainy ones!  Although I loved spending the time outside with my hubby and Marko, I am looking forward to the crisp and cool sunny days that fall brings, as well as the rainy ones.

Seasonal Highs

The best thing about my summer, hands down, is my fantastic new blog design!  Freshening up my blog really helped to banish the blogging blahs and invigorate my blogging mojo.  I also shared a couple of fun discussion posts, one about sex scenes and another about seasonal TBR posts.  Although the formatting of this post is all over the place, I really had fun filling out the Countdown Survey.

After hitting a bit of a series burnout, I decided to dedicate my summer to standalones (although I did get sucked into the Black Dagger Brotherhood!).  Notable summery reads include: How to Love, Since You've Been Gone, One Plus One, Open Road Summer and The Here and Now.

Seasonal Lows

I've spent a lot of time away from social media in the past few months, which has left me feeling a bit out of the loop.  It was inspiring to learn that some of you guys feel the same way!  Between balancing full-time work and being a mom (as well as squeezing in some reading time now and then), I don't know if I'll ever be the social media guru that I'd need to be in order to grow my blog following, but in the meantime I'm happy with my little corner of the internet.

I DNFed a couple of review books (Snow Like Ashes and Of Scars and Stardust -- reviews to come), and hit a bit of a review book brick wall.  I haven't downloaded or requested anything in quite a while, and I only have one pending review book left.  I think, unless I see something on Netgalley or Edelweiss that I simply can't live without, review books are going to take a back seat for me for a while so that I can focus on reading what I WANT to read, rather than what I HAVE to read.

Fall Forecast

I'm eagerly anticipating a return to the chilly fall weather, as well as some fall reads.  I don't know about you guys, but my reading mood definitely changes in the fall.  In summer, I crave lighter contemporaries, but as soon as the days get shorter, my reading tastes shift accordingly.  I'm looking towards diving back into some series, both new and old.  Currently, I'm absorbed in Laini Taylor's Dreams of Gods & Monsters -- it's just as good as I had hoped it would be!

What about you?  What are the highlights of your summer?  Leave me a comment below!

POST SIGNATURE

1 comments:

  1. Oh man, summer seems like such a blur to me! Also, it's weird when you're on maternity leave because the days all feel the same and I don't notice the change in seasons as much. I think one of the biggest highlights was having a week staycation at home here. Jim took a week off work and all we did was things in the city. We've never, ever done that before (taken time off of work to not go somewhere). It was so fun. And meeting you was awesome! :)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! I will always return the favour whenever I can!!

Flexible Template by ScreenWritersArena

Custom Design by Lea Christine Designs