8/11/14

Top Ten Books I'm Not Sure I Want To Read

This week's Top Ten Tuesday topic is books that I'm not sure I'm interested in reading anymore. As always, this feature is hosted by The Broke and the Bookish!

For today's list, I've chosen a few books that I've had on my shelves since I started blogging, almost three years ago.  If you've read any of these, let me know if I should add them back onto my TBR pile!  I think sometimes books sit on my shelves for so long that I just lose the original excitement that I had the day that I acquired them...

1. Outlander by Diana Gabaldon
Even my mom's read this, but I recently heard that it has it's gory, hard-to-handle moments?

2. The Other Boleyn Girl by Philippa Gregory
I started reading The Constant Princess, but didn't finish that one.

3. Across the Universe by Beth Revis
4. Halo by Alexandra Adornetto
I'm undecided as to whether or not I want to embark on these series ... but they're pretty.

5. One Hundred Years of Solitude by Gabriel Garcia Marquez
I couldn't finish Love in the Time of Cholera, so I'm not sure if I'll like this one.  BUT it has Oprah's sticker on the front, and she's picked quite a few of my favourites.

6. P.S. I Love You by Cecilia Ahern
I LOVED the movie, and I heard that the book is even better!

7. We Were the Mulvaneys by Joyce Carol Oates
Foxfire was a favourite university read, but I have had this one sitting on my shelves for years.  Plus, it's another Oprah book!

8. Lamb by Christopher Moore
This one's actually my hubby's, but I've heard really great things about this book!  I think it's the blah cover that always makes me pass it by.

9. The Robber Bride by Margaret Atwood
I love me some Atwood, but haven't read any of her books in a long, long time.

10. Whitethorn by Bryce Courtney
The Power of One and Tandia are two of my all-time favourites.  I own this one in hardcover, which means I could probably kill a man with it and is probably why I haven't picked it up.  Because it's heavy and long, not because I'm afraid of killing someone =P

Have you read any of these titles?  Would I be missing out on a potential new favourite if I continue to pass these books by?  Leave me a comment below!

POST SIGNATURE

10 comments:

  1. You and me both for Across the Universe! I've heard everything from absolute-love to horrible-hate for it and, lol, I'm scared! I'm not even sure what to think....although I probably will read it out of curiosity. ;) Some day.
    Here's my TTT!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm on the same page with you on your choices. Been meaning to, but there are so many books in the world...

    ReplyDelete
  3. The size of Outlander and the cover put me off, but I've only heard amazing things...

    I love The Cousins' War series by Gregory and The Other Boleyn Girl has been on my hitlist for a while.

    PS I Love You the book is far, far, far better. The movie was ok (Butler made it to be honest) but the book is a gazillion times better. I bawled my lamps out, and I'm not a crier. Out of your whole list I have to push this one.

    My TTT: http://confessionsofabookgeek.wordpress.com/2014/08/12/top-ten-tuesday-books-that-give-me-indecisive-syndrome/

    ReplyDelete
  4. PS I Love You is so much better as a book! I saw the movie and was like "WHAT? This didn't happen in the book!". Read it!
    I've started to read Outlander a few times but never finished it. It just doesn't work for me. If you didn't finish the Constant Princess then I'm nto sure you'd like The other Boleyn Girl - they're the same but different if that makes sense. I want to read Halo because it was written by a 16 year old Aussie but... another angel series? Not sure if I'm game to try it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can totally vouch for PS I Love You. I saw and loved the movie first and was blown away by the book. You should definitely read.

    Our TTT @ Lazy Book Lovers!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I haven't read any of these books, either, and in fact Outlander made it on my TTT this week, too. And Across the universe almost made my list. :)

    We're not alone!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I started Across the Universe and thought it was horrible. So I don't think you're missing anything there. :) I loooove Outlander, though!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh I hadn't heard that Outlander is gory?! Can it be any worse than GOT though? lol.. I feel like if I can watch the crap that happens in that show I can watch anything haha, although my boyfriend says this show called Spartacus is 20x worse.

    My sister swears by cecilia ahern. I read A Place called here and I thought it was complete crap and wrote her off forever. When my sister was here last month she left another one of her books here and made me swear to read it so I will be haha. P.S. I Love You she said is so much better than the movie but it's really really different.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It took me forever to read Across the Universe and when I finally did I was disappointed. It took me over 150 pages just to start enjoying it and even then I just thought it was mediocre. I wanted to like it but I couldn't. Some people love it though so I guess it just depends.

    Here's my TTT: http://betweenyabookends.blogspot.com/2014/08/top-five-books-im-not-sure-i-want-to.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. Dude, you have to read Outlander! You can do it! We can even start at the same time if you want :) And PS I Love You is great!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! I will always return the favour whenever I can!!

Flexible Template by ScreenWritersArena

Custom Design by Lea Christine Designs