8/16/14

Summer Mini-Reviews

Summer feels like it's coming to an end, as our big heat wave seems to have finished and we're back to slightly chillier temperatures.  We were at a BBQ this evening and, as we prepared to head home, I actually wished that I'd brought a jacket with me!

Aside from How to Love and review books, I haven't shared much of what I've been reading this summer.  It's been a refreshing change to read just for fun this summer without trying to put my thoughts into some type of review format, but at the same time, I wanted to give you just a short reaction to some of the titles that I've gobbled up in the last few months ...

The first five books in the Black Dagger Brotherhood series by J.R. Ward:
YOU GUYS.  I remember Alexa @ Alexa Loves Books gushing over this series and, after Lauren @ Lose Time Reading posted her review of the first book, I knew that I had to give this series a shot.  And HOLY MOLY -- once I started reading, I just couldn't stop!  Wrath is so sexy, but I think my favourite book so far is Zsadist's story.

Easy by Tamara Webber
This was an Epic Recs recommendation, but it didn't blow me away as much as I had expected.  I still really enjoyed it, but there were parts of the story that were predictable.

The Impossible Knife of Memory by Laurie Halse Anderson
This might have been another victim of bookish hype for me.  I liked it a lot, but wasn't as blown away as I had anticipated.

Since You've Been Gone by Morgan Matson
Morgan Matson scores again -- another fantastic and perfect book!

Lovestruck Summer by Melissa Walker
I won this one from a giveaway at Rather Be Reading and it was so sweet and adorable!  Truly the perfect summer read.

I'm currently about halfway through Kirsten Hubbard's Wanderlove (which I know is a favourite of Jaime @ The Perpetual Page-Turner.  It's a great story so far and I've become quite captivated by the main character.

How about you?  What have you read so far this summer?  Have you read anything truly sensational?  Leave me a comment below -- and hope you're all having a great summer!

POST SIGNATURE

1 comments:

  1. I didn't actually know there was a hype for The Impossible Knife of Memory. I did love it though! But not quite as much as I hoped, I was kind of freaked out that her father would do something really really bad. >_< And the romance was kind of on/off the whole time which was frustrating. But it was my first LHA read and I'm definitely going to read more from her. :)
    Thanks for stopping by @ Notebook Sisters!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! I will always return the favour whenever I can!!

Flexible Template by ScreenWritersArena

Custom Design by Lea Christine Designs