8/11/14

Countdown Survey

I have a few book reviews to catch up on; however, I wasn't feeling motivated to write any of them tonight, so I decided to clear out my blog reader instead!  I saw a post from Lauren @ Lose Time Reading, who shared her Countdown Survey, which was created by Christy @ Christy's Book Addiction.  It's been a while since I've done something bookishly fun here on the blog, so here goes!

Note: my apologies for the awful formatting ... I'm still trying to get a handle on my new layout and fonts and I can't quite figure out why the font changed halfway through.  If anyone knows stuff about HTML, help a girl out?

10. Books Already Released on Your Wishlist


Pure trilogy by Julianna Baggott and Everneath Trilogy by Brodi Ashton
I haven't finished either of these series yet, but I've loved the books that I've read so far, plus the covers are gorgeous and belong on my shelves.


Both of these books come highly recommended by readers that I trust, so I know I'll love them!


I read, and loved, both of these books, but borrowed them from the library, so I don't own a copy.

9. Favourite Covers

I'll let the covers speak for themselves... the funniest part is that I haven't even read all of these, some of these beautiful books are sitting on my shelves, waiting to be read!




I haven't even read the last three on the list, but I absolutely adore these covers!

8. Not Yet Released Books You Can't Wait For


Marissa Meyer's Winter, Lauren Oliver's Rooms, and Stephanie Perkins' Isla and the Happily Ever After are the only three that I can think of off the top of my head.  There are more books yet to be released in some series that I haven't started yet (like Throne of Glass or His Fair Assassin above), which may be highly anticipated releases once I get my butt in gear and start reading these series!

7. Autobuy Authors

Lauren Oliver, Sarah Dessen, Morgan Matson, John Green, Janet Fitch, Andrew Davidson and Ann-Marie MacDonald.

6. Book Boyfriends

I'm not really a book boyfriend kind of person...

5. Books You Recommend the Most

Andrew Davidson's The Gargoyle, R.J. Palacio's Wonder, the Harry Potter series, and anything by Sarah Dessen or Morgan Matson.

4. Books You Thought You'd Like But Didn't

Amanda Maciel's Tease, Elizabeth Gilbert's Eat Pray Love, Megan McCafferty's Bumped and Alice Sebold's The Lovely Bones.

3. Books That Make You Cry

I have 52 tear-inducing reads on my Goodreads shelf.  But the top three of all time?  Morgan Matson's Second Chance Summer, John Green's The Fault in Our Stars and Arundhati Roy's The God of Small Things.

2. Books You Never Plan on Reading

Anything by Cormac McCarthy or William Faulkner -- blech.  Had enough of these two in an American lit class when I couldn't even bring myself to finish reading the assigned novels -- even though it meant being unprepared for the final exam.

1. Favourite Genre At the Moment

This summer has been all about contemporary standalones, but I've also been getting into fantasy again.

POST SIGNATURE

1 comments:

  1. I want to read the Everneath trilogy as well :) I have had Everneath for SOOO long now I have no idea why I never pick it up. I love the cover for Liesl & Po also, it's just so beautiful. I love a lot of middle grade covers actually sometimes more so than YA. I really need to suck it up and read Second Chance Summer soon :) I seem to be waiting for this perfect mood (or imperfect I guess haha) in my head but it's never going to happen unless I just DO IT!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! I will always return the favour whenever I can!!

Flexible Template by ScreenWritersArena

Custom Design by Lea Christine Designs