7/10/14

Life of a Blogger - Sports I Have Played


My good friend, Jessi, over at Novel Heartbeat runs this awesome feature as a way for her followers to get to know her better!  Check out the list of upcoming topics here.

Today's topic is sports I have played.  I just wrote the fitness post for September, and am laughing to myself now (you'll understand when you read the next post in a couple of months!)  Team sports are not my thing ...

BUT, I did have one team sports experience.  In Grade 6, for some unknown reason, I decided to try out for the basketball team.  At the time, I was just over four feet tall (four and a half feet at the MOST), so I'm not sure what persuaded me to do this.  I'm sure that my elementary school probably had a policy that every student made the team, no matter what skills the student had (or, in my case, lack thereof).

I don't remember much about my first game -- only that I really, really sucked and my team got absolutely creamed.  It wasn't as much fun as I thought it was going to be, and I didn't play again for the rest of the season.  I seem to remember making excuses (Oh, I have piano lessons that day ... guess I can't make the game.  Oh well, next time!) 

And that was the last of my team sports experience!  How about you?  Did you play any team sports -- or are you as team-sports incompetent as I am?  Leave me a comment below!

1 comments:

  1. I was sad this week's life of a blogger feature was sports because I'm not a sports person at ALL. I made it onto a softball team when I was 10 or so and it was fun until our coach stopped showing up to practices and the team fell apart before our first game of the season. It was pretty crappy, and I never went back after that.

    Then before I started my sophomore year (10th grade) I tried out for my school's volleyball team. I spent a week at intramurals and tried my hardest during try outs, but then they just picked all the same people that had been on the team the previous year. It was a total waste of time.

    Needless to say: sports + me = no. I'm also not a team player, just like you, which makes sports a bit difficult haha.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! I will always return the favour whenever I can!!

Flexible Template by ScreenWritersArena

Custom Design by Lea Christine Designs