7/15/14

Evergreen - Rebecca Rasmussen

I really didn't know what to expect when I started Evergreen, and what I found was an unexpectedly good story.

The book opens with Eveline's story, a young bride who is on her way to live with her new husband, Emil, in a little cabin in the middle of nowhere, a.k.a. Evergreen.  Their story is a sweet love story as she becomes pregnant and gives birth to their son, Hux.  But when Emil returns to his native Germany to see his ailing father, the story quickly takes a much darker turn.  In Emil's absence, Eveline ends up pregnant again and gives away the baby girl, Naamah.  The rest of the story is told from Hux's and Naamah's point of view, as we learn about this estranged brother and sister who learn how to find a place in each others' lives.

Although the story definitely had its darker moments, I found that the end feeling was of hope.  The message that shone through the darkness was that love can overcome fear and loneliness and heartache.  If you're looking for a read that will show you the lighter and darker sides of humanity, then check this one out!

Note: I received an e-galley of this book from Edelweiss.  The fact that I received this book for review did not influence my opinion of this book in any way.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! I will always return the favour whenever I can!!

Flexible Template by ScreenWritersArena

Custom Design by Lea Christine Designs