6/25/14

One Plus One - Jojo Moyes

Jojo Moyes is a storytelling goddess.  Seriously, I'm convinced that she can do no wrong!  I read, and absolutely ADORED, Me Before You last year then fell head over heels for The Girl You Left Behind earlier this year.  When I saw that she had a new book coming out, I requested a review copy and then did a happy dance when my request was approved.

Although all of Jojo's books are completely unique, there is one common thread that unites them all.  She manages to create a complete cast of characters that are so REAL that I was sad to say goodbye to them all when I turned the last page.  I was completely swept away on a journey, laughing and crying along with the characters, and I actually missed them when the book was done.

One Plus One is the story of Jess, a single mom who does what she can to keep her family on track.  Her stepson Nicky is a victim of bullying at school, while her daughter Tanzie is a mathematical genius.  Jess works multiple jobs just to keep her family afloat and wants to send Tanzie to a private school to keep her out of the bullies' path and to foster her love of math; however, in order to surmount the financial obstacle, she decides to take her family on a roadtrip to Scotland.  Here, the story begins -- and it doesn't slow down until the last page.

Seriously, I can't even find the words to express how much I loved this story.  Although Me Before You will forever be my favourite Jojo book (mainly because of the incredibly personal connection I had to the story), I find it hard to pick favourites amongst her other books.  Each book that she writes is such a unique and perfect story that each book deserves its spot on my favourites shelf.  I just can't wait to see what she writes next!

Note: I received an e-galley from Netgalley.  The fact that I received this book from the publisher did not affect my opinion of this book.

1 comments:

  1. Ah, I've only read Me Before You, but I LOVED it and this one sounds equally as good!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! I will always return the favour whenever I can!!

Flexible Template by ScreenWritersArena

Custom Design by Lea Christine Designs