5/29/14

Life of a Blogger - Siblings


My good friend, Jessi, over at Novel Heartbeat has just started this awesome new feature as a way for her followers to get to know her better!  Check out the list of upcoming topics here.

Today's topic is siblings!  I only have one sibling -- a sister who is five years younger than me.  When we were younger, our age difference didn't seem like much, as we'd play Barbies and invent stories with our stuffed animals or build forts in our bedroom closet.  As we grew up, it seemed like five years was more like a generation gap: I graduated from high school when she finished elementary school and then she graduated from high school when I was finishing university.  Now that I've been living away from home for a while, the physical difference has definitely taken its toll on our relationship and we've had our ups and downs.  We're slowly growing a bit closer as the years pass and her life starts to head in its own direction, and I often wonder about whether we'll grow closer as time passes or drift further apart.  Only time will tell, I suppose!

How about you?  Do you have any siblings?  Are you close or distant?  Leave me a comment below!

2 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear you've drifted apart from your sister. Age and difference in priorities will do that as I'm not so close to my sisters any more since moving out 3 years ago.

    Hope you find each other again, not nice being away from family in one way or another.

    Happy reading and I'm a new follower :)
    My Life of a Blogger

    ReplyDelete
  2. Melissa! I'm 5 years older than my sister too! (The endless similarities… ;) )

    We also played barbies growing up, but just like you and your sister, the age gap became more distinct as we got older. Once my sister hit 18 and older though, we started to have a bit more in common and shortly before I moved to BC in 2007, she really was one of my best friends and remains so to this day. I always think about how much closer we could have been had we only been 2 years apart in age like her and my brother are…

    I hope you guys become closer, does your sister live near by? My sister moved to Vancouver a year before Jim and I moved back to Alberta :(

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! I will always return the favour whenever I can!!

Flexible Template by ScreenWritersArena

Custom Design by Lea Christine Designs