5/22/14

Life of a Blogger - 10 (or 7) Things I Strongly Dislike


My good friend, Jessi, over at Novel Heartbeat has just started this awesome new feature as a way for her followers to get to know her better!  Check out the list of upcoming topics here.

Today's topic is 101 things I hate, but I've changed it to 10 (because 101 is just WAY too hard) and changed it to "things I strongly dislike" because "hate" is a pretty strong word that I don't use too often.  So, here goes!

1. Misuse of the word "literally." 
"My headache was so bad that my head literally exploded."  Really?  Brain bits all over the wall and everything?  That's some headache.

2. Road rage.
I commute a fair distance (about 45 minutes each way) and I feel like I've seen it all on the roads.  It just irks me when people use their vehicles as a dangerous weapon -- I realize that you're late and the traffic is heavy, but we'll all get to work safer if you just CHILL OUT.

3. Girls who bring high school with them.
I've worked with these girls, who think that the workplace is an extension of high school and try to form their own cliques and then shut others out.  Seriously, we're grown ups so GROW UP.

4. Liver and onions.
There aren't many foods that I don't like, but this one is at the very top of the list.  This stems from my mother making my sister and I stay at the dinner table until our plates were clean.  Let me tell you, cold liver doesn't go down any easier.

5. The smell of Indian curry.
Although this also isn't one of my favourite foods to eat, I also really dislike the smell.  In fact, when my hubby and I were looking for our first place to rent, we walked into a place that had a distinct curry smell.  I turned and walked right back out the door.  No thank you.

6. When people on the bus try to talk to me, even though I'm clearly reading.
I used to ride the bus all the time when I was in university, and this was a huge problem.  I'm sitting there, with my nose buried in the complete works of William Shakespeare, clearly cramming for that upcoming midterm.  Does it LOOK like I want to discuss my thoughts on Shakespearean tragedy?

7. Body odour.
Need I say more?  Gag.

I've seriously been racking my brain trying to think of three more things ... but I just can't!

How about you?  What are some things that you just don't like?  Leave me a comment below!

3 comments:

  1. Oh I agree with everything you've mentioned. Literally is a good one, I don't know how often I hear that misused as well. At least we can just laugh at those idiots. LOL
    Have a great week.
    Here's my post.
    Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha! I got a kick out of reading this ;)

    I hate slow walkers at the mall, especially when said slow walkers are in the middle of the aisles and oblivious to anyone trying to walk by. GET OUTTA MY WAY! lol

    I hate when people tell you you look tired, as if it's a compliment they are giving you instead of what they are really saying, which is: you look like crap.

    ReplyDelete
  3. 1. Lmao! You know, there's a CM Punk video about that, it's pretty hilarious :D
    3. Ugh, YES. The girls I work with are like that. Case in point why I hate most females.
    6. DOUBLE YES. Do you not have eyeballs? Can you not see that I'm trying to read? Leave me alone!!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! I will always return the favour whenever I can!!

Flexible Template by ScreenWritersArena

Custom Design by Lea Christine Designs