My good friend, Jessi, over at Novel Heartbeat has just started this awesome new feature as a way for her followers to get to know her better! Check out the list of upcoming topics here.
Today's topic is music albums. I stared at this topic for a long, long time, wondering how I could possibly choose just a few favourite albums to share. It's like asking me to list my all-time favourite books... umm, do you have a few hours? It's a long list.
BUT, then I remember that I shared a post a while back on my favourite genres of music, so I thought I'd just use that list as inspiration, and pick a few albums to highlight under each genre.
- Grrrly angst music: This is definitely going to be the longest list! This is my all-time favourite type of music, and includes: Alanis Morissette's Jagged Little Pill and So-Called Chaos, Holly McNarland's Home is Where my Feet Are and Stuff, Christina Aguilera's Stripped, Florence + the Machine's Ceremonials and Lungs, Fiona Apple's Title and Auf der Maur's self-titled album.
- Anything with violins: I absolutely adore violin music. I love Creed's Human Clay and Weathered for rock music featuring violins and Priyo's Gypsy Moon for pure instrumental violin.
- Really chill music: This is another favourite type of music for me and I have a very long list that is constantly on shuffle in the background. The list includes full albums by Damien Rice (9 and O), David Usher's The Mile End Sessions, Sade's Soldier of Love and the soundtrack to Once.
- Good rock music: I love U2's How to Dismantle an Atomic Bomb, Kings of Leon's Only By the Night and City and Colour's Bring Me Your Love
- Music from my teens: Savage Garden's self-titled album and Affirmation, the Spice Girls' debut album and, again, Alanis Morrissette's Jagged Little Pill.