4/10/14

Life of a Blogger - Food


My good friend, Jessi, over at Novel Heartbeat has just started this awesome new feature as a way for her followers to get to know her better!  Check out the list of upcoming topics here.

Today's topic is going to make me hungry ... it's food!  I'm a pretty easygoing eater and I eat mostly everything, with just a few exceptions:

  • Indian curry.  Blech.  Even the smell makes me gag.  I don't mind Thai curry though (red or green), it's just the yellow curry that I can't stand.
  • Liver.  This stems from my mother not letting my sister and I leave the dinner table until we'd cleared our plates.  The longer we sat, the colder that liver got.  It doesn't go down any easier when it's cold, let me tell ya.
  • Mixing sweet and savoury, like sweet 'n' sour.  If something's sweet, it should be sweet, and the same goes for savoury.  Mixing the two is a strange taste to me.  With the exception of Hawaiian pizza -- yum!
  • Cilantro.  I'm just not a fan of the taste, and I find it overpowers whatever it's in, so all I can taste is the cilantro.
  • Raw onions.  I used to be fine with raw onions, but I couldn't stand the smell or the taste when I was pregnant and, although I don't mind the smell now, I still haven't been able to eat them.  I'm fine when they're cooked though -- we put onions in everything!
Yup, there's not too much that I won't eat!  In terms of what I do like, I love to try new things, but I'm a bit fan of flavourful food.  I don't like things insanely hot, but a little spice goes a long way for me.  I love soul foods, like stews and pasta, good soups, sushi, donairs and we've recently been addicted to pho (Vietnamese food).  It's almost cheaper than cooking at home!

What about you?  What are some of your favourite foods?  Or least favourite foods?  Leave me a comment below!

1 comments:

  1. It sucks that you don't like Indian Curry, I love it! I agree on the Liver side of things though, disgusting!

    Katrina @ Chased By My Imagination

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! I will always return the favour whenever I can!!

Flexible Template by ScreenWritersArena

Custom Design by Lea Christine Designs