4/11/14

If We Were Having Coffee... [2]

Last year, I shared my first "If We Were Having Coffee" post, inspired by Jaime @ The Perpetual Page-Turner's post of the same name.  I've been itching to do another one ever since.  So grab your coffee, or other beverage of choice, and let's chat!

If we were having coffee...I'd tell you that I'm absolutely loving my new job!  Although there has already been a tiny bit of office drama (seriously, are there ANY drama-free offices out there?), I really like that my office has a great support system in place to deal with any conflicts.  The office that I left, in retrospect, is quite dysfunctional in that aspect....things are just swept under the rug and not dealt with by management, which creates a cesspool of negativity for the rest of the office to work in.  It's not healthy, and I'm happier than ever that I'm no longer in that environment.

If we were having coffee...I'd tell you that, despite what I wrote above, I'm also a little sad that a few of my favourite co-workers (and my former boss) seem to have no desire to stay in touch with me.  I've sent a few e-mails, stating that I'd really like to stay in contact, only to receive rather chilly responses or, in my former boss' case, no response at all.  Although I know in my heart that these were colleagues, and not really friends, it's still hurtful that I've just been shut out of their lives.  I'm certain that it has to do with the fact that I didn't go back to work, but it's also a bit frustrating that they didn't care to ask for my side of the story as to WHY I didn't go back.

If we were having coffee...I'd tell you that I still have moments where I feel my blogging blahs from last summer coming back.  I'm trying to focus on the positive and make sure that blogging stays fun for me, but there are moments where I sometimes wonder WHY I'm spending all this time and energy working on the blog.  For every moment that I feel this way, there are usually more positive moments, like the thoughtful and super sweet comments that show up or a message on Twitter.  A big heartfelt thank you to those of you who do read my blog -- it means a lot to me!

If we were having coffee...I'd tell you that I'm so happy to be done with school for the summer!  I wrote my exam this week and am now looking forward to four blissful months with no homework!  I can't wait to spend some of this time reading!

If we were having coffee...I'd take a moment to ask you what's new in YOUR life?  Have you read anything sensational lately?  Please leave me a comment below!

1 comments:

  1. I'm so pleased you're loving your new job! I start my new one in a couple of weeks, and I'm nervous but excited all at the same time. Office drama sucks though, but as you said, there's no such thing as a drama-free office, unfortunately. I'm going through a weird blogging phase at the moment too, although I'm trying to not let it control me too much...I'm just posting what I want, when I want to and leaving it at that! And congrats on completing your school year, what are you studying?

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! I will always return the favour whenever I can!!

Flexible Template by ScreenWritersArena

Custom Design by Lea Christine Designs