4/12/14

Book Haul [10]

Happy Saturday everyone!  I wasn't going to do a book haul post this month, because I honestly didn't think there were many new titles on my shelves, but I actually do have quite a few new books to share!



For my birthday (which was last month), I pre-ordered Dreams of Gods & Monsters.  Oh, was it worth the wait!  I didn't realize that Chapters was doing an "Indigo Exclusive" so my copy came with a signed drawing of Karou in the back!  And I needed to add another $8 or so to my order to get free shipping, so I added the paperback release of Dark Triumph, even though I haven't yet read Grave Mercy.  I just have a feeling that I'm going to like the series!



I signed up for Epic Recs a while back and, even though I haven't posted about it on the blog, I've been paired with a fellow new mom who's an avid reader!  We've bonded over Goodreads messages, but she doesn't have a blog.  Last summer, I had a major case of the blogging blahs and one of the things that's helped is allowing myself to read and enjoy books without forcing myself to review them.  My Epic Recs books have been just that.  I've only read one book so far, and it was a hit, but I just picked up Tamara's lastest recommendation, The Husband's Secret, from the library.  I'm not sure that I'll have time to get to Roomies and The Sea of Tranquility before they're due back (all three are short loans -- grrr!) but I'll try!


I have no new e-galleys in the last month!  I'm getting caught up on what I already have for review and trying to read all my summer books so that I can see if there are any fall releases that I'm interested in reading!  I'm hopelessly behind on watching Epic Reads' Tea Time since I had to focus all my attention on getting my schoolwork finished, but I'm hoping to get caught up on the missed episodes in the next week or so.  It's through Tea Time that I find out which e-galleys I might be interested in downloading!

BUT, Random House sent me a list of their April releases and I chose The Here and Now (which I've heard mixed reviews about already, but at least it's short!) and All My Puny Sorrows (I LOVED A Complicated Kindness when I read it years ago).  I can't wait to read both of these!

What about you?  What's new on your shelves lately?  Leave me a comment below!

3 comments:

  1. Dreams of Gods and Monsters has such an amazing cover! I have been wanting to get into this trilogy - angels are my weakness! Hope I can pick it up soon!
    I've been hearing rave things about The Husband's secret... The Here and Now was at my local Target, signed copies, unfortunately, it doesn't really call to me. I look forward to seeing what you think!
    Enjoy your newbies :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need to get my copy of Gods & Monsters, I love that series. hope you don't mind, but I tagged you for the Liebster award. Please feel free to continue the tag or not.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay for Roomies! That one helped me out of a book slump. I keep seeing The Husband's Secret every where after Cassie brought it to my attention; I had no idea it was a NYT bestseller! Def. hope to read that one eventually!

    Hope all is well with you!!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! I will always return the favour whenever I can!!

Flexible Template by ScreenWritersArena

Custom Design by Lea Christine Designs