1/23/14

Her Dark Curiosity - Megan Shepherd

I read The Madman's Daughter last year and, while I felt like I fell victim to the book being overhyped, I enjoyed most aspects of the story.  At the conclusion of my review, I was uncertain about whether or not I would continue on with the story.  Yet I did.  I think I was lured in by the ridiculously gorgeous dress on the cover, to be perfectly honest.

I do have to point out just ONE thing that annoyed me: in the scene that I think the cover image is taken from, Juliet is wearing a RED dress, not a black one.  HOW does this type of cover error happen?!?!  Seriously. Okay, rant over.

The book starts off where the first one left off.  Juliet is back in London and trying to come to terms with what happened to her on the island.  I found Juliet's character to be a little more strong-willed in this book, so she didn't annoy me as much.  Also, the animal cruelty in this book is only referenced but not described, as this majorly turned me off the first book.

Her Dark Curiosity doesn't have as many twists and turns as The Madman's Daughter, but is still a page-turner.  I read it surprisingly quickly, considering it was the holidays and I wasn't doing a ton of reading, in between Christmas shopping and all the fun stuff that the season brings.  I think there's one more book in the series and I have a feeling that I will read it, even though the series isn't one of my favourites.  If you enjoyed The Madman's Daughter, you will likely enjoy the second installment.

Note: I received an e-galley of this book from Edelweiss.  The fact that I received this book for review did not influence my opinion of this book in any way.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! I will always return the favour whenever I can!!

Flexible Template by ScreenWritersArena

Custom Design by Lea Christine Designs