1/6/14

2014 Reading Challenges!


So, here it is, second week of January, and I just realized that I totally forgot to write up my reading challenge post!  Since I already posted my bookish resolutions last week, I thought I'd share this post instead of today's Top Ten Tuesday post -- consider these reading challenges as additions to the list of resolutions that I already shared!

First of all, I am committed to reading series books this year!  As I posted last year, I have a serious problem with starting a series, and then never reading past book one.  Some of these series are ones that I was absolutely blown away by the first book, but by the time the second book was released, I just lost interest.  Or forgot what happened in the first book.  2014 is the year that quite a few of these series are wrapping up, so it's the perfect opportunity for me to re-read the first book and then binge read the rest of the series!  I'm really excited about getting lost in the world of a series from beginning to end.  If you'd like to join in with this challenge (which is co-hosted by ME and the amazing Jessi over at Novel Heartbeat), you can find the sign-up post here.

Secondly, I have signed up for the TBR Pile Reading Challenge, hosted by Bookish.  This is the third year that I have participated in this challenge and I have failed epically at this challenge every year so far.  This year, I'm committed to reading lots of the books that have been sitting on my shelves for years, so I'm hoping that I won't do so badly.  If you want to participate too, check out the sign-up page here.

Just like I opted not to set a Goodreads reading challenge this year, I'm not setting a goal for myself on either of these challenges.  My main goal this year is just to read and have fun -- so let's make that happen!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! I will always return the favour whenever I can!!

Flexible Template by ScreenWritersArena

Custom Design by Lea Christine Designs