12/16/13

Top 10 New-to-Me Authors Read in 2013


It's Tuesday and time for another Top Ten Tuesday, hosted by the wonderful people over at The Broke and the Bookish.  This week's topic is top ten new-to-me authors that I read this year ... and I'm extending it to include a thank you to those bloggers who gently nudged me towards reading these great books!

1. Veronica Rossi -- I fell in love with Under the Never Sky & Through the Ever Night last summer.  A BIG thank you to Hannah @ So Obsessed With for encouraging me to keep going with the first book, even though I was confused.  It was SO worth the effort!

2. It was the summer of Colleen Hoover for me, as I read ALL of her books.  I'm glad that Cassie @ Books With Cass raved about her books!

3. E. Lockhart -- Magan @ Rather Be Reading convinced me to pick up The Boyfriend List, and I'm so glad that I did!

4. Rae Carson -- I used to be a big fantasy buff, but have shied away from the fantastical books as I got older.  It was Alexa @ Alexa Loves Books who nudged me gently towards trying out The Girl of Fire & Thorns, and I'm so incredibly grateful because I LOVED it!

5. Jojo Moyes -- Cassie, yet again, encouraged me on this one.  Although it was a tough read for me on a personal connection level, I'm so glad that I read Me Before You and will definitely be trying more of Moyes' work.

6. Kristen-Paige Madonia -- Estelle @ Rather Be Reading recommended Fingerprints of You and I loved it!

7. Rainbow Rowell -- I can't even give proper credit to the bloggers who inspired me to pick up Eleanor + Park because, well, it was ALL OF YOU.  But before E+P came into the library, I read Attachments, which I ADORED.  E+P was good too, don't get me wrong, but Attachments is still my favourite of hers so far.

8. Hilary T. Smith -- Again, can't really give proper credit because there was SO MUCH blogger love for Wild Awake.  And it didn't disappoint!  I will definitely be watching for more books from this talented lady.

9. Rob Sheffield -- Jaime @ The Perpetual Page-Turner has raved about Love is a Mix Tape on many occasions and it always sounded like an interesting premise for a book, although memoirs aren't usually my thing.  But I'm really glad that her enthusiasm convinced me to give it a try!

10. Elana K. Arnold -- This was a random pick on Netgalley where the cover picture grabbed my attention, but I'm glad that I took a chance!

Thank you for stopping by my Top Ten Tuesday post this week!  Please leave me a link to your post in the comments, and I'll stop by!

1 comments:

  1. Yayyyy Veronica Rossi, Rae Carson, Rainbow Rowell, and Jojo Moyes! I have YOU to thank for my newly acquired Rae Carson love. Book pushing for the win! Have you read Fangirl by Rowell yet? It's seriously soooo good!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! I will always return the favour whenever I can!!

Flexible Template by ScreenWritersArena

Custom Design by Lea Christine Designs