12/4/13

Pushing the Limits - Katie McGarry

If you follow Book Rock Betty's blog, then you know of her love for all things Katie McGarry.  On a whim, I decided to request Crash Into You for review and, when my request was approved, decided to read the entire series.  I've only read the first one so far, so I'm not 100% sure if these books have to be read in order, but I thought I'd read them beginning to end anyways.

I liked Pushing the Limits.  I can't say that I loved it, or really fell in love with any of the characters.  If I recall Hannah @ So Obsessed With's review correctly, I'm pretty sure that she liked the series better as it went on, so I'll keep reading.  I found Noah's anger to be a bit much at times -- sure, I knew that he'd been dealt a rough hand in life, but when his future was balanced so precariously, I just didn't understand why he kept behaving the way he did and jeopardizing it all.  And it annoyed me soooooooo much that he kept calling Echo his "nymph" and his "siren."  I don't know why -- the nicknames just made me want to laugh and throw the book across the room at the same time.

But the story was good enough that I'll keep reading, especially since I've heard that each book focuses on a different character's life.  So stay tuned for my review of Dare You To, just as soon as I pick up my copy from the library!

1 comments:

  1. Yes to all of this, M. The book definitely kept my attention, but I was rolling my eyes a lot, too. "Liked but didn't love" was what I felt. The nicknames were ridiculous and a lot of it seemed very melodramatic. The next two books still have lots of drama, but they were more enjoyable reads for me. Keep me posted once you start Dare You To!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! I will always return the favour whenever I can!!

Flexible Template by ScreenWritersArena

Custom Design by Lea Christine Designs