12/11/13

Life of a Blogger - TV Shows


My good friend, Jessi, over at Novel Heartbeat has just started this awesome new feature as a way for her followers to get to know her better!  Check out the list of upcoming topics here.

Today's topic is TV shows.  As a new mom, I honestly don't watch that much TV -- although sometimes it's easier to zone out in front of the TV than it is to focus on a book.  So, here's what I have on the go at the moment...

On my PVR ...
  • How I Met Your Mother -- I binge watched the first eight seasons on Netflix, and am now watching the last season as it airs.  I'm looking forward to seeing how it all ends.
  • Big Bang Theory -- this show just makes me LAUGH.
  • House Hunters Renovation.  I used to be SUCH an HGTV junkie, but now this is the only one I watch.  I'd never buy a fixer-upper, but I love watching other people do it!
On Netflix ...
  • Breaking Bad -- we are just about to start watching this one.
  • Trailer Park Boys -- a Canadian comedy.  My hubby thinks this is funnier than I do, but I like watching it with him!
On DVD ...
  • Dawson's Creek -- I'm just starting the final season.  I forgot how much I loved this show!
  • Star Trek Voyager -- I bought my hubby all the seasons for Christmas a few years ago, and we've been slowly rewatching the series from the beginning.  He has a tiny crush on Captain Janeway ;)
Waiting for...
  • The Walking Dead -- AMC is considered a "premium channel" here, so I have to wait for the current season to hit Netflix.
  • Game of Thrones -- when?  Oh when?

7 comments:

  1. I LOVE How I Met Your Mother!! I'm all caught up on the first 8 seasons but since I don't have a way of watching the first few episodes of the latest season I haven't seen any of it :( I can't wait to see where it goes though! I'll be really sad when it's all over. It's such an awesome show.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The new season's good so far, but it's a bit different than the previous seasons. I'm looking forward to seeing how it all wraps up!

      Delete
  2. Sadly I haven't watched any of those! I'm not really a TV series kind of person anyway, though. I watched the first episode of Walking Dead and couldn't get into it, but someday I'll try again since it's so popular.
    It's kind of sad that I haven't seen Big Bang or Game of Thrones…they just don't interest me =/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Walking Dead is sooooooo good!!! It's crazy intense, but I can't watch the gory bits. I hide behind a blanket or a pillow and my hubby tells me when it's safe to watch again ;-P But then again, I'm a big chicken, and I know that you have a MUCH stronger stomach for gore than I do!

      Delete
  3. I seriously need to watch How I Met Your Mother. I've heard such good things about it, but haven't really been able to sit and watch the whole thing! At least a bunch of it is on Netflix (I think) lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's such fluff -- but definitely a good sitcom. I haven't really watched any sitcoms at all since Friends & Seinfeld ... most of them are just dumb. But HIMYM is actually quite clever.

      Delete
  4. I love watching TV! It's probably a really good thing that I love to read because otherwise I'd just sit and watch TV all the time, and we both know books are better for your brain.

    My husband and I both watch How I Met Your Mother and Big Bang Theory. We still love the latter, but have been a bit disappointed this season with the former. It's not horrible, but it's felt really different and kinda lame in comparison to previous seasons.

    We really love Castle and White Collar - those are two of our favorite shows to watch together. It's fun because we both really enjoy those - it's not one that's more "my" show or "his" show.

    I never watched Dawson's Creek, but I have it in my Netflix queue. One day I'll take the plunge and watch the whole series... I'm sure I'll enjoy it because I love teen dramas.

    By myself, I love to watch Vampire Diaries, Hart of Dixie and Nashville. Like I said, I could totally be a TV addict if I didn't also like to read :)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! I will always return the favour whenever I can!!

Flexible Template by ScreenWritersArena

Custom Design by Lea Christine Designs