12/6/13

If We Were Having Coffee ...

Jaime @ The Perpetual Page Turner comes up with the BEST post ideas, and this one is inspired by one of her favourite bloggers, Your Super Awesome Life.  Reading her post, and those that have popped up from other bloggers, was a great way to get to know Jaime a little better.  So, I hope that you get to know me a little better too!

If we were having coffee...I'd tell you that I'm freaking out a little about returning to work.  We've almost secured daycare for Marko, with this amazing Serbian lady so that he can learn his dad's mother tongue ... but there's a part of my heart that's breaking a little about the thought of not spending my entire day with my little man.

If we were having coffee...I'd tell you that, even though I'll be sad about leaving Marko at daycare, another part of me is also a little bit excited about having something (even if it is just work) that's MINE and only mine.  Where I get to be an adult for a little while, and don't have to worry about things like having enough diapers with me or what colour his poop was.

If we were having coffee...I'd be honest and tell you that the REAL reason that I'm freaking out a little about work is that I've been in to visit three times now and none of the other admin girls (the girls that I will be working with again) have said hello to me.  I mean, the first time, I thought that maybe they were all having a really busy day.  The second time, I thought maybe they were just uncomfortable being around a baby.  But when I went in last week, by myself, to discuss my return to work with my boss, I was really, really, really hurt.  And I'm trying not to worry about how it will feel working in close proximity to these girls again, but sometimes it feels like high school all over again.

If we were having coffee...I'd tell you that, even though I've lost most of the weight that I put on during my pregnancy, I haven't lost all of it, and that wreaks havoc with my self esteem sometimes.

If we were having coffee...I'd bring it back to the bookish world for a minute, and ask you if you've read anything sensational lately?  Working on my end of the year bookish survey has made me realize that, even though I've read some great books this past year, I haven't been totally and utterly blown away by a book in a long time.

If we were having coffee...I'd ask you how YOU'RE doing because, even though I just blabbed a lot about about myself here, most of the time I'm the one that does the listening on a coffee date.  So how ARE you doing?  Please let me know in the comments below ... and if you've joined in the fun with Jaime's post idea, please leave me a link and I'll stop by and have coffee with you!

7 comments:

  1. Ugh. I hate bitchy girls in the workplace. I hope that it gets better. I really do. Can you seek out some other people to talk to?

    As far as reading slumps go... did you check out Trish's article? It really has some awesome recommendations. :) I hope something blows you away soon. My last few favorites were The Vow, Roomies, and surprisingly, The Catastrophic History of You & Me.

    http://www.kindlepost.com/2013/11/trish-dollers-recommended-reading.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Estelle, your comment just brought tears to my eyes. I want to reach into the computer and hug you :). To add more to the story, my boss wants me to do a completely different job than the one I did before I left, so I won't be actually working WITH those girls, just near them. As long as I get my old desk back, which I'm still working on negotiating for ;). It's such a bizarre, almost surreal, experience to have been out of the workforce for so long. I really hope that I'm just overthinking this whole thing, and it'll actually be a breeze to go back. But you're right, bitchy girls in the workplace SUCK.

      Delete
    2. And, no, I hadn't seen that post -- but I shall check it out!

      Delete
  2. That's so lovely that Marko will be able to learn his Dad's native language!

    I hope everything goes well when you return to work. I remember last year you wrote a post (I think it was a post... surely we musn't have had such a long convo on Twitter like that lol) about your job as well. I hope it gets better for you. They must be miserable to be so impolite to you! Office politics that are more like high school politics are awful, the same thing happens in my office and it's so depressing sometimes so I know how you feel. I will be thinking of you <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lauren! Your comment is so sweet. I can't agree with you more ... office politics that are more like high school politics are awful. I hope that your work situation is better too xoxo

      Delete
  3. I would love to have coffee with you! I love this post because it's like talking to you as a friend. Just know that I'm here for support or an ear anytime!
    I don't have kids, so I can't relate well to that, but I do understand. Someday I will be there, too! I'm sorry about the work situation, it can definitely be awkward and hurtful when that happens. :(
    I haven't read anything sensational in a while. "Even though I've read some great books this past year, I haven't been totally and utterly blown away by a book in a long time." Same here! There were 2 or 3 this year, but in the past couple of months nothing spectacular.
    If we were having coffee…I'd tell you I'm doing good but sometimes work gets me down, too. There's a new shift lead that tries to play manager even though she's been there 7 months and I've been there 7 years. She gets the say and I don't, so I feel like my opinion doesn't matter. I try to stay positive, though, and hold out hope that it won't last and she'll move on just like everyone else has since I've been there (we have a VERY high turn over rate in the kennel!). I'd tell you that other than that life is good because I have a wonderful relationship and wonderful parents and both my parents and boyfriend love me, so I don't really give a rat's ass what the people at work think of me :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, thanks Jessi! This is, without a doubt, one of the best comments that I've received in quite some time xoxo We should totally Skype or something someday, so that we can "meet" in real life =P

      Your attitude towards work sounds a lot like my husband's advice for me -- work will be work, but I try not to take it too personally. Especially since, at the end of the day, I will get to come home to my wonderful husband and my beautiful baby boy, and THAT'S what's most important!

      Delete

I love comments! I will always return the favour whenever I can!!

Flexible Template by ScreenWritersArena

Custom Design by Lea Christine Designs