11/15/13

Friday Favourite - The God of Small Things

Happy Friday everyone!  This is a new feature that I'm starting here on the blog, highlighting some of my all-time favourite books.  This is partially inspired by Jaime @ The Perpetual Page-Turner's Before I Blogged series, where she highlights books that she read and loved before she started blogging.  I have SO MANY favourite books to share and plan on doing at least a couple of these per month ... it'll take off the pressure to post frequent reviews, since I'm sharing thoughts on books that I read a while ago, while also giving me the chance to plug some older titles that you might not have read.

Last month I highlighted Ann-Marie MacDonald's Fall on Your Knees as one of my all-time favourites, which I'd read as part of a Women's Studies course in university.  Fortunately, I also read The God of Small Things as part of that same course and fell in love with this book too!  Arundhati Roy's story is heartbreakingly beautiful as she tells the story of a man and woman who fell in love, but were from different castes.  The story is told from the point of view of the woman's son and daughter (who are fraternal twins).

I'll be honest and say that this story may not be for everyone, as there are some devastating moments that result in a loss of innocence for the narrators, but if you're okay with handling some heartwrenching content, then the writing and the storyline make this book soooo worth it in the end!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! I will always return the favour whenever I can!!

Flexible Template by ScreenWritersArena

Custom Design by Lea Christine Designs