9/16/13

Top Ten Books on My Fall TBR List


It's Tuesday and time for another Top Ten Tuesday, hosted by the wonderful people over at The Broke and the Bookish.  This week's topic is the top ten books on my fall TBR list.  Over the summer, I participated in Books With Cass' Summer of Standalones and read some GREAT contemporary titles.  But now that the weather's becoming a little chillier, I think it's definitely time to dive into some edgier titles ... bring back the paranormal, the creepy and the dystopian!

1. The Lost Girl by Sangu Mandanna
2. Lovely, Dark and Deep by Amy McNamara
I had these two on my summer TBR list of standalones, but just wasn't feeling the dystopian vibe during the summer nor the wintery cover of Lovely, Dark and Deep.  Now it's time!



3. Another Little Piece by Kate Karyus Quinn
4. Dangerous Girls by Abigail Haas
Another Little Piece seems like a great creepy fall read, and I always love a good mystery on a cold, rainy day.  Just ordered both of these from the Book Depository.



5. Requiem by Lauren Oliver
6. Sever by Lauren DeStefano
Two series that I can knock off my series-ous intervention project!  I can't believe I've left both of these books unread for SO LONG.



7. Allegiant by Veronica Roth
I'd be surprised if I see any fall TBR lists WITHOUT this one included -- super excited to see how the series wraps up!

8. We Are Water by Wally Lamb
9. Bellman & Black by Diane Setterfield
10. The First Phone Call from Heaven by Mitch Albom
These three are all ARCs from Edelweiss & Netgalley -- I'm SO incredibly excited for all three!




Are any of these books on your fall TBR list?  Any recommendations of what I should read first?  I can't wait to curl up on the couch with a warm blanket and a giant mug of tea on a gray, rainy day.  Fall is, by far, my favourite reading season.

8 comments:

  1. I still have yet to read any Lauren DeStefano so looking forward to changing that this fall!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sever is on my list too, as is Fever. I'm really enjoying the series so far! You've got some great books on your list this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. YESSS. We Are Water sound really really good, and ALP WASSS a creepy but awesome read!!

    In fact, all of your adult picks sound rather awesome and I can't wait for you to finish the Delirium Trilogy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dangerous Girls intrigues me. Everyone seems to be talking about it lately.

    My TTT List

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sever was an interesting end to the series. I liked it. I hope you do as well. I am currently reading The Thirteenth Tale by Diane- I hadn't realised she had written another book. I am going to need to look into it.

    Good Luck with your TBR,

    ~Sara @ Just Another Story

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a great list; these books all look really interesting. I am so excited for Allegiant. I'm reading Insurgent this month in preparation. I cannot wait!

    Alex @ The Book Banner
    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm looking forward to Bellman & Black too, I loved The Thirteenth Tale. I really need to read Divergent, it's a huge gap in my YA knowledge. Another Little Piece and Lovely, Dark and Deep look especially good, but it's a great list overall. Happy fall reading!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Another Little Piece was SUPER creepy! :) Also excited for Allegiant, but it's not on my list. More excited about other books over that particular one. Great list though!

    My TTT:

    http://diamondinroughcoal.blogspot.com/2013/09/top-ten-tuesday-9.html

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! I will always return the favour whenever I can!!

Flexible Template by ScreenWritersArena

Custom Design by Lea Christine Designs