9/20/13

A Look Back at Summer...

I've seen other blogger's monthly round-up posts, and always thought that it seems like a fun idea, but the thought of committing to one per month is a little much, so I thought I'd go by seasons! I've always enjoyed the Top Ten Tuesday posts for seasonal TBRs, so this round-up post will go along with my plans for the coming season ... a look back and a look forward!

Summer was great for me in terms of how much that I read (I'm ahead on my Goodreads challenge -- woo hoo!) but also a little challenging in terms of blogging.  Here's a quick re-cap of the highs and lows, as well as the list of books that I read.

I completed Books With Cass' Summer of Standalones challenge!  I had planned to read these 10 books, and in the end only read half of them.  A few of these titles have made it onto my fall TBR list, mainly because they were just books that are better suited to rainy day fall reading.

I reflected on my series-ous problem with finishing all the series that I've started, and committed to finishing all those pending series, as well as postponing any further series reading until all of the books have been released.  And, at my first check-in, I've finished two series!  I'm looking forward to the next two that I plan to read: Cassandra Clare's Infernal Devices and Anna Godbersen's Bright Young Things.  Plus, I've got three final books in some well-loved series on my fall TBR list (Requiem, Sever and Allegiant).  That'll be five series knocked off the list this fall, if I can stick to my goals!

I also struggled with some blogging blahs.  I received a few comments on this post from readers who said that they fully supported the idea of not reviewing every book that I read, so I'm going to try that in the future.  I've also started reviewing each series when I finish, rather than forcing myself to write one review per book.  That's already eased some of the stress.  I'm also being more selective with my review requests, and have whittled down the review pile a little, including writing up some reviews for books that are released a month or two down the road.  And finally, I started prepping review posts in advance of finishing the book (i.e. setting up the post, adding the cover image, my blurb about review copies if necessary, etc).  I've found that it's easier to find the time to jump on the computer and write up a draft of a review when the template is already prepared and while the book is fresh in my mind.  Hopefully these steps will help make blogging more enjoyable for me again!

And finally, I read a LOT of books this summer!  Here's the full list, with links to my reviews:
Thanks for stopping by!  As always, your comments warm my heart <3>

1 comments:

  1. It looks like you have had a busy summer!!

    This is awesome blog !
    I'm a new GFC follower
    Sarah @ The Ultimate Bookworms.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! I will always return the favour whenever I can!!

Flexible Template by ScreenWritersArena

Custom Design by Lea Christine Designs