8/25/13

The Treasure Map of Boys and Real Live Boyfriends - E. Lockhart

I'm ridiculously behind with reviews -- a positive side effect of having been away on holidays and doing lots of reading while away!

I have finished my first series from my series intervention that I posted about a few weeks ago!  This was the PERFECT series to get me back on the horse with regard to finishing what I had started.  I read the first Ruby Oliver book a few months ago, and liked it but wasn't head over heels in love.  After finishing the final two books in the series over the course of three days, I can honestly say this: Ruby is such an amazing character who will always hold a special place in my heart.  I absolutely adored watching her grow and change throughout the course of these books.

This series reminds me a little bit of the Jessica Darling series, except a softer, more subtle version.  Although I found Jess to be hilarious, there were also times where I felt that she just wasn't growing up, and making the same adolescent mistakes even when she should have been growing past those moments.  But Ruby really grew and changed as the series progressed, and I really loved being a part of her journey.  My only criticism is that the books are just a little too short, and the series was over too soon!

1 comments:

  1. Glad you enjoyed these Melissa - these two are the ones I have left to read in this series, and I'm looking forward to seeing how Ruby gets on!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! I will always return the favour whenever I can!!

Flexible Template by ScreenWritersArena

Custom Design by Lea Christine Designs