7/23/13

Wedding Night - Sophie Kinsella

Sophie Kinsella is one of my go-to authors for something light, fluffy and mindless.  She never fails to write a story that makes me laugh out loud and cringe at the characters' awful life choices.  Well, until Wedding Night that is.

It wasn't an awful book by any means, since I did enjoy it.  I just didn't enjoy it as much as I've enjoyed her previous novels.  It wasn't as funny as some of her other work, and I didn't find any of her characters to be super memorable.  Perhaps it's the fact that the story is told by dual narrators, Fliss and Lottie, two sisters.  Or it might be the characters themselves, who were struggling with life issues that weren't as funny as some of Kinsella's other work.

The book as a whole reminded me of Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.  The entire book is a series of mishaps that the reader understands, but the characters' in the book are struggling to comprehend.  Wedding Night definitely has its humourous moments, but it didn't make me laugh as much as I had hoped it would.  If you're looking for a light beach read, I'd still recommend that you check out Wedding Night -- it's still your typical light and fluffy Kinsella!

Book #9 - done!

2 comments:

  1. I know what you mean! I liked it but it was missing a little something. Maybe it was the character thing. Good review!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really enjoyed this one-I can't stand Becky in her Shopaholic series but most of her standalones charm me and this was no exception. It's the perfect light read when you don't really want to think!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! I will always return the favour whenever I can!!

Flexible Template by ScreenWritersArena

Custom Design by Lea Christine Designs