7/11/13

In All Series-ousness

We all love to hate them.  You know, that feeling when you just finish book one or book two, then dash to Goodreads to find out when the next installment is. Next YEAR?  I can't wait that long.  Must have the next part of the story in my hot little hands NOW!  For me, that feeling usually sticks around for, oh, a week or two, at least until I've read another great book and that unfinished series just hangs around my TBR list.  Sometimes, I'll pick up book two or three in a series and it'll just sit unread on my shelf, collecting dust, usually because I either can't remember what happened in the previous book(s) or just forgot what had me so excited about the book in the first place.

I recently realized this when I borrowed some highly anticipated sequels from the library ... only to return them unread.  I also picked up some raved about book ones for some new series, and also returned these to the library unread.  When I have SO many started-but-not-yet-finished series, I'm hesitant to add more to that teetering stack.

Instead, I'm giving myself a series intervention.  I've resolved to finish all of the series that I've started but haven't finished, and to postpone starting any new series unless all of the books are out.  This will give me a chance to get caught up, as well as plan for when I'm going to series binge in the future.

Here are the series that I'd like to FINISH:
  • Iron Fey series by Julie Kagawa (Iron Daughter, Iron Queen and Iron Knight)
  • Infernal Devices by Cassandra Clare (Clockwork Prince & Clockwork Princess)
  • Vampire Academy by Richelle Mead (books 2-6)
  • Luxe Series by Anna Godbersen (Envy & Splendor)
  • Bright Young Things Series by Anna Godbersen (Beautiful Days & The Lucky Ones)
  • Sookie Stackhouse Series by Charlaine Harris (I've only read the first two books)
  • Inkheart Series by Cornelia Funke (Inkspell & Inkdeath)
  • Delirium Trilogy by Lauren Oliver (Requiem)
  • The Chemical Garden Trilogy by Lauren DeStefano (Fever)
  • Nightshade Trilogy by Andrea Cremer (Wolfsbane & Bloodrose)
  • Ruby Oliver Series by E. Lockhart (books 2-4)
  • Birthmarked Trilogy by Caragh M. O'Brien (Promised)
  • Girl of Fire & Thorns by Rae Carson (Crown of Embers & The Bitter Kingdom)
  • Cemetery of Forgotten Books by Carlos Ruiz Zafon (Angel's Game & Prisoner of Heaven)
  • Sea of Trolls Trilogy by Nancy Farmer (Land of the Silver Apples & Islands of the Blessed)

Series to binge-read because all the books are out:
  • Graceling Trilogy by Kristin Cashore
  • Lumatere Chronicles by Melina Marchetta
  • Darkness Rising Trilogy by Kelley Armstrong
  • Outlander Series by Diana Gabaldon
  • Starcrossed Trilogy by Josephine Angellini
  • Covenant Trilogy by Jennifer Armentrout


2013

October:
  • Mara Dyer Trilogy by Michelle Hodkin (The Evolution & The Retribution of Mara Dyer) 
  • Divergent Trilogy by Veronica Roth (Allegiant)
November:
  • Legend Trilogy by Marie Lu (Prodigy & Champion)

2014

January:
  • Into the Still Blue by Veronica Rossi
  • Everneath Series by Brodi Ashton (Everbound & Evertrue)
February
  • Lunar Chronicles by Marissa Meyer (Scarlet & Cress)
  • Pure Trilogy by Julianna Baggott (Burn)
  • Article 5 Trilogy by Kristen Simmons (Breaking Point & Three)
  • Final Book in the Shatter Me Trilogy by Tahereh Mafi
March:
  • Mortal Instruments by Cassandra Clare (City of Heavenly Fire)
April:
  • Days of Blood & Starlight and Dreams of Gods & Monsters by Laini Taylor
  • Dust Lands Trilogy by Moira Young (Rebel Heart & Raging Star)
October:
  • Unwind Trilogy by Neal Shusterman (UnWholly & UnSouled)

Series that I plan to binge-read when all of the books are out:
  • Shadow & Bone Trilogy by Leigh Bardugo (2014)
  • Unraveling Trilogy by Elizabeth Norris
  • Grave Mercy Series by R.L. LaFevers (2014)
  • Throne of Glass by Sarah J. Maas (2016 -- although I may read book 1 earlier, since I own it)
I'm going to keep this list under my reading challenges so that I can stay on top of this series intervention.  What are your thoughts on series?  Are there any of my pending series that you have yet to read?  Which pending series should I start with?  Please leave me a comment below -- as you can see, I series-ously need help!!!!!

1 comments:

  1. This sounds like a good plan and I wish you luck with it! I have so many unfinished series to get to! Just yesterday I found out one of the series I'm currently reading had, had a third book published already and I didn't even know because I still haven't read the second one! (d'oh!)
    Hope this works out for you!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! I will always return the favour whenever I can!!

Flexible Template by ScreenWritersArena

Custom Design by Lea Christine Designs