7/30/13

Fingerprints of You - Kristen-Paige Madonia

Fingerprints of You is a book of elegant simplicity.  On the surface, it's the story of Lemon, a seventeen year-old teen that gets pregnant unexpectedly and then travels to San Francisco in search of the father than she's never known.  But underneath this plot, it's a story about so much more than just that.  It's the story of friendship, of love, of family and of self-discovery.

I am eternally grateful to Cass @ Books With Cass for leading me towards this book, as we were having a library TBR pile showdown one evening on Twitter.  We couldn't be content with simply comparing piles of actual books from the library, and proceeded to compare how many books we had on hold at the library as well.  Cass told me that she'd put this book on hold at the library, based on Estelle @ Rather Be Reading's recommendation.  So, on a whim, I put the book on hold as well -- I haven't read a book that Estelle liked that I didn't enjoy, and it had been a while since I read one of Estelle's recommendations.

I'm still having a hard time comprehending that this is Kristen's FIRST novel.  The writing is absolutely beautiful, and Lemon's character is loveable.  I'll admit that I had a hard time getting into the book at first, and actually had to return it to the library because I'd renewed it too many times and still hadn't finished it.  Yet there was something about the story that pushed me to borrow it again, and I'm SO glad that I persevered.

Fingerprints of You isn't a page-turner, but it's a story that unfolds at its own pace and takes you along an unforgettable journey.  I'm really, really, REALLY glad that I finished this book because by the end I found myself unable to put it down until I'd savoured the last few phrases of the book.

Book #10 - done!  
And CHALLENGE COMPLETED!

1 comments:

  1. I am so absolutely glad that you read this. I never reviewed it (I read it on a trip) but it really held my attention even if it was slow and building and just wow. I cried a lot. I loved the friendship, the connections being made, and all this learning about each other esp. from a child's perspective about her parents. Such a fantastic book. More people need to read it for sure.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! I will always return the favour whenever I can!!

Flexible Template by ScreenWritersArena

Custom Design by Lea Christine Designs