6/18/13

Top Ten Books on my Summer TBR


It's Tuesday and time for another Top Ten Tuesday, hosted by the wonderful people over at The Broke and the Bookish.  This week's topic is the top ten books on my summer TBR list.  I missed the spring TBR posting, and I was sad since this is my favourite top ten Tuesday post of all.  I don't usually stick to the list that I set up for myself, but it is fun to try and plan my reading!  This summer is the Summer of Standalones, hosted by Books With Cass.  It'll be fun to take a break from series reading and read some fantastic standalones.  The ones that I plan to read are ...

1. Wild Awake by Hilary T. Smith
I heard rave reviews about this one from some of my favourite bloggers that read an advanced readers' copy.  So I preordered it, knowing that I'd probably love it too.  And THEN, I saw a post on Facebook on the release date and realized that the book TAKES PLACE IN VANCOUVER.  Where I LIVE.  How awesome is that?  So, obviously, I'm even MORE excited to read this one now.  HENCE THE CAPS.

2. Golden by Jessi Kirby
Another one that my favourite bloggers have been gushing over.  And it's so pretty, all golden on my bookshelf.  And the flowers on the pages?  So awesome!

3. Such a Rush by Jennifer Echols
I read Going Too Far earlier this year, and enjoyed it, but I've heard this one's even better!

4. The Lost Girl by Sangu Mandanna
I've heard unbelievably good things about this one, and it's been sitting on my bookshelf since Christmas!

5. Lovely, Dark and Deep by Amy McNamara
Ditto for this one, although I did want to read this in the wintertime, since it seems fitting.

6. Velveteen by Daniel Marks
Composing this list has made me realize that I haven't read most of my Christmas presents -- yikes!

7. Slammed by Colleen Hoover
I flew through Hopeless, and I'd love to dive back into another of her books, especially if it's as un-put-down-able as Hopeless was.  And, even though this book has "companion novels," Cass told me that it'll still count ;)

8. Fingerprints of You by Kristen-Page Madonia
This one was recommended by Estelle @ Rather Be Reading, and I have yet to read a book recommended by her that I didn't enjoy!

9. The Storyteller by Jodi Picoult
Jodi Picoult can always be counted on for a stellar standalone.

10. Burning by Elana K. Arnold
This one's cheating a little, since I already read it.  But, hey, I always start a to-do list with "make list" so that I can cross something off as soon as I'm done.

4 comments:

  1. The Lost Girl sounds so good! I've seen the cover before too and it's gorgeous. I hope you get to all of these! :)
    Krystianna @ Downright Dystopian

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Golden was like #11 on my list!! I really wanna read this one!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I absolutely loved Fingerprints of You! I can't wait to hear what you think of it and Lovely, Dark and Deep.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh, Golden does sound good, I keep reading great reviews and I should really make sure I add these books to my TBR on Goodreads, or else I forget for another six months... :) I just got a lot of books for my birthday and I feel like I will probably take a while to read all of those - I'll be finding 'birthday books' on the shelves at Christmas, no doubt...!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! I will always return the favour whenever I can!!

Flexible Template by ScreenWritersArena

Custom Design by Lea Christine Designs