5/28/13

Top Ten Books I Wish I Could Read Again for the First Time



It's Tuesday and time for another Top Ten Tuesday, hosted by the wonderful people over at The Broke and the Bookish.  This week's topic is a freebie, so I have chosen top ten books that I wish I could read again for the first time.  You know that feeling that you had when you read your favourite book for the very first time?  I love that feeling, like meeting a new friend that you just KNOW will be your new BFF.  But once that first read is over, you'll always love the book and might re-read it one day, but that initial feeling of discovery is a one-time thing.  So, in no particular order, here are the top ten books that I wish I could read again, but have that "oh my goodness this book is awesome" feeling for the first time.

1. The Harry Potter series - J.K. Rowling
2. White Oleander - Janet Fitch
3. Nineteen Minutes - Jodi Picoult
4. The Poisonwood Bible - Barbara Kingsolver
5. Fall on Your Knees - Anne-Marie MacDonald
6. Second Chance Summer - Morgan Matson
7. Before I Fall - Lauren Oliver
8. The Neverending Story - Michael Ende
9. The Gargoyle - Andrew Davidson
10. Wonder - R.J. Palacio

There are so many other favourites that I would LOVE to include on this list, but I've narrowed it down to my top ten books that I had that gut-wrenching "This is the best book that I've ever read, EVER" feeling during my first read-through.  I've read most of these books a second time and, although the books are still my all-time faves (and sometimes I love them more during a second reading), I'd love to experience that initial magic just one more time.

Please leave me a link to your top ten Tuesday post and I'll stop by to visit!

2 comments:

  1. I did this topic too...and obviously Harry Potter is number one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely yes to Harry Potter! It's just an incredible feeling reading those books for the first time. Nothing else really compares. I'd love to reread Before I Fall. It was such a beautiful story.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! I will always return the favour whenever I can!!

Flexible Template by ScreenWritersArena

Custom Design by Lea Christine Designs