1/26/13

I'm still here -- and no baby yet!

It's hard to believe that almost a month has gone by since my last post -- a busy month of getting the last few things ready for baby's arrival.  Due date is February 6th, which is only a week and a half away now!  It's hard to believe that my pregnancy is almost over (and part of me is going to miss this feeling of our little one kicking away inside), but a bigger part of me is just super excited to meet our new son or daughter.

In my bookish resolutions for 2013, I promised myself that I wasn't going to feel bad about the volume of posting, but I can't help but say that I'm sorry I haven't been more present in the last few weeks.  I have a massive stack of library books, as well as a bunch of really exciting reads that I got for Christmas this year, and fully intended to spend the month of January reading as much as possible ... because I just don't know how much reading time I'll have once the little one arrives.

But then pregnancy threw a little bit of a monkey-wrench into those great plans =P  I've been really lucky and haven't had too many "pregnancy symptoms" (i.e. no morning sickness, aching back, etc. etc.) but I have recently developed pregnancy-induced carpal tunnel syndrome.  Fortunately, this will go away after the baby arrives, but in the meantime I had to contend with several sleepless nights because I kept waking up with both hands numb and throbbing.  My massage therapist (who has been a GOD SEND throughout this entire experience) suggested wrist braces, which has helped me to be able to sleep through the night.  Butsince last week, the fingertips on my right hand have been completely numb.  It's weird because they don't hurt, but it's really awkward to type and I'm having a hard time holding up a book for too long, especially if it's a hardcover.

So, with great sadness, I had to return Days of Blood & Starlight to the library unread because I just couldn't hold the book up in order to read it.  I'm now working through some of the paperbacks that I have, but I'm not able to read for hours on end like I used to, and I'm definitely not going to be able to get through that big stack of library books before Baby arrives!  I have read a few of the books, and will try to post some reviews this week.

So, I'm just apologizing a tiny bit for being a little MIA lately, and I wanted to share what's been going on.  I hope that this doesn't come across as me whining or complaining, because I know many pregnant ladies who have had a much rougher pregnancy than I've had.  I've just been enjoying every moment, numb fingertips and all, as each day brings me a little closer to meeting the new little addition to our family.

Hope that you've all been well and enjoying January so far!

12 comments:

  1. omg! congratulations!! that's such an awesome news :-) though I only got to know about it now 'cause I've been AWOL for so darned long, I wish u all the happiness in the world!!! :-))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I've missed you around the blogosphere... Hope you're doing well! xoxo

      Delete
  2. You're almost there! I'm so excited for you. I'm torn between wanting time to slow down and wanting it hurry up and be June. :) Sorry that you're dealing with carpel tunnel. You shouldn't feel bad about not posting, though. You have an excellent reason. You will have to update us when baby comes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lori! I know how you feel :). And just wait til you're in the home stretch! I tried so hard to NOT make the post apologetic, but it still came across that way :P. And for sure I'll be posting an update once Baby arrives!!!!

      Delete
  3. OH MELISSA! I just want to hug you! I hope the time (few days? hours? week?) before the baby goes well and that you take some time to soak up a few quiet moments with your hubby before baby. Also: I need to know the sex asap after birth. ;) (Kidding! But I am so, so curious! Please do a post to let us know!) I hope the birth goes well. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ohhhh, Magan, thank you for the hug! I totally just misread your comment as "need to know about sex after birth" and am now giggling like crazy. Thanks for that! Yes, will absolutely have many baby related posts to come...don't worry about that!

      Delete
  4. Oh my, baby could come any day now really!! Sorry to hear about your wrists - two years ago I had severe tendonitis in my right wrist and it was so painful so I can feel your pain :( Is the babe's nursery all ready?? (Pictures?? :D) Good luck reading thru your books as best you can before the big day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Brie! I've been icing all night, and it's feeling a bit better. And three more work days to go, which will hopefully help too.

      We don't actually have a nursery just yet. We're in a two bedroom condo, so baby's in our bedroom for now. I the future we'll move baby to our second bedroom (after hubby decides what to do with his chess library, which currently occupies most of that room) and will post pics then :)

      Delete
  5. Please come soooooon baby!! My IRL BFF was due in Sunday and she is just itching for the baby to get here! Cannot wait to hear the good news!'

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jamie! I hope your BFF has her baby soon too! I'm not past my due date yet, but really hoping that baby arrives when scheduled, and not late :). *fingers crossed*

      Delete
  6. I just popped in to see how you were doing, only to find this news. I had no idea you were pregnant--congratulations! And I'm writing around your due date, too, so I'm wondering if your special delivery has arrived, hah.

    xoxo We'll see you when you're more rested.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup, due date is today! But no baby yet. Hopefully by the weekend :). Thanks so much for stopping by! I feel like a movie star just visited my blog :)

      Delete

I love comments! I will always return the favour whenever I can!!

Flexible Template by ScreenWritersArena

Custom Design by Lea Christine Designs