12/6/12

WEverb [6]



Estelle & Magan @ Rather Be Reading (one of my ALL TIME favourite blogs) are participating in WEverb this year.  According to the website, WEverb is a series of questions and prompts that allows you to reflect back on 2012 and look forward to 2013.  Each day in December, there's a new prompt.

6. cook [LIVE]: What was your best recipe/dish of the year? Share it!

In all honestly, I'm not the cook of the house -- my hubby enjoys cooking much more than I do, so he usually makes dinner and then I do the dishes afterwards.  But every once in a while, I give him a break from the kitchen.  My criteria for cooking is that it has to be EASY; I won't spend hours slaving over the stove!

A fall favourite of ours has been one of my mom's recipes for a Gibson stew (not sure what the Gibson part of the name implies, but it's good).

Chop carrots, celery, potatoes, onion and stewing beef into a large casserole dish.  Add spices to taste.  Pour in a large container of V8 juice.  Bake for 4 hours at 300 degrees Farenheit.  Serve with bread or buns and enjoy!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! I will always return the favour whenever I can!!

Flexible Template by ScreenWritersArena

Custom Design by Lea Christine Designs