12/27/12

WEverb [26 & 27]


Estelle & Magan @ Rather Be Reading (one of my ALL TIME favourite blogs) are participating in WEverb this year.  According to the website, WEverb is a series of questions and prompts that allows you to reflect back on 2012 and look forward to 2013.  Each day in December, there's a new prompt.

I kind of fell off the WEverb train over the holidays -- too busy eating turkey and Nanaimo bars to reflect!  But now I'm back on board, and looking forward to sharing the next few posts...

26. chronicle [LIVE]:  What distant memory/time did you find yourself longing for in 2012?

I try not to live looking back at the past, and wishing that things were different.  My mom and I were actually talking about this over the Christmas holidays, and she was saying how she'd been asked recently if she had one wish, what would she wish for.  Although my dad's accident and recovery have been hard on him, as well as the rest of our family, she said that she wouldn't wish for the accident to not have happened, since she's met so many amazing people along the way.  Instead, she'd wish for spinal cord injury research to progress to the point that it would allow my dad to make even more of a substantial recovery, as well as all of the other people that are dealing with spinal cord injuries.  Seriously, how awesome is my mom?  That's the same philosophy that I have on life too: there's no point to wishing that bad things hadn't happened, but instead use the strength gained from surviving and living through that experience to inspire tomorrow.

27. sacrifice [GROW]:  Did you read a book this year that left you craving more when it was over?

Honestly, what book doesn't leave you craving more when it's over? Those are the best kind. I'll just name a few that really resonated with me, and I wanted more of the story, more of the characters, more of the author's writing, long after I'd savoured the last few words of the story: Morgan Matson's Second Chance Summer, R.J. Palacio's Wonder, and John Green's The Fault in Our Stars.

2 comments:

I love comments! I will always return the favour whenever I can!!

Flexible Template by ScreenWritersArena

Custom Design by Lea Christine Designs