12/19/12

WEverb [18 & 19]


Estelle & Magan @ Rather Be Reading (one of my ALL TIME favourite blogs) are participating in WEverb this year.  According to the website, WEverb is a series of questions and prompts that allows you to reflect back on 2012 and look forward to 2013.  Each day in December, there's a new prompt.

18. soak [LISTEN]:  What have you soaked in this year? (Baths, sun, ideas?)  How did it affect your mentality?

I haven't soaked in either baths or sunshine this past year -- in 2011, we went on our honeymoon in Serbia and Montenegro, and spent a blissful week on the beach in the sunshine.  The summer of 2012 was somewhat lacking in sunshine soaking.  And I'm not much of a bath person -- my bathtub is less than ideal, so I think I might be more of a lounging bath person if I had a better tub =)

When it comes to soaking in something metaphorical, I think I would say that I soaked in positive energy.  As I mentioned in one of my earlier WEverbs, one of my constant struggles is not letting other people's negative energy mess with my positivity.  Soaking up positive energy by aligning myself with people who have positive views on life is a great way to avoid negativity in my life.


19. exercise [LIVE]:  How did you live actively in 2012?  What will change in 2013?

I've always dabbled in a little bit of everything, and this year was no exception.  With my growing belly, I've changed some of the things that I used to do, and substituted them for different activities.  I haven't been to the gym much this year (and feel slightly guilty when I see that automatic debit from my bank account each month, when I know I haven't set foot on the premises for months!).  I've been walking outside a LOT, either with my husband in the evenings or with my co-worker during our lunch break.  I used to do hot yoga, but switched that up for prenatal yoga, which I'm LOVING.  Such a great way to stay grounded, and pain-free, while also bonding with my unborn baby.

2 comments:

  1. I've never tried yoga, although I've always wanted to give it a go - I used to swim until my membership lapsed, so I need to pick up something again next year I think! I moved house in September and now have the luxury of being able to have a bath, rather than just a shower - a lot of my reading seems to happen in there now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, you totally should! I've done regular yoga and hot yoga. Hot yoga is INTENSE, but amazing.

      When we move to a house (one day), I fully intend to find one with a nice, deep bathtub. Then, I will probably do most of my reading there as well =)

      Delete

I love comments! I will always return the favour whenever I can!!

Flexible Template by ScreenWritersArena

Custom Design by Lea Christine Designs