9/8/12

Top Five Books on my Fall TBR List

I don't think I've done a top ten Tuesday all summer -- and I miss it!  I know that it's Saturday, but I honestly thought that the fall TBR list would be later in September.  And, with the fact that our weather has been summery and gorgeous this last week (not to mention HOT!), fall just seems so very, very far away.

Yet, at the same time, I've done all of the seasonal TBR posts since I first started my blog, and couldn't pass up the chance to do this list, even though I'm a little late!  But better late than never, right?  So here goes...

1. Lola & the Boy Next Door - Stephanie Perkins
This one will be read before the official start of fall, since I just picked it up from the library, but I'm super excited to read it, after reading, and loving, Anna and the French Kiss.  Plus, I generally suck at reading all of the books on these TBR posts anyways, so I figure this ups my chances of checking books off the list.  (Yes, I'm one of those people who writes "make list" at the beginning of a to-do list so that I can always check one thing off once I've finished making the list).

2. The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer - Michelle Hodkin
I've had this book sitting on my shelf for months and months, and then my blogger buddy Heidi (over at Rainy Day Ramblings) sent me an e-mail and invited me to participate in her Hallowe'en blog tour and giveaway hop, Something Wicked Comes.  I'll be posting a review of this one on October 16, as well as doing a giveaway for the book (my very first giveaway -- so excited!)  There's a lot of other amazing bloggers participating in this event, so be sure to check it out.  And who doesn't love adding some creeptastically good books to the TBR list?  I know I sure do.

3. Shantaram - Gregory David Roberts
My boss has been raving and raving about this book for months and, since I'll be leaving work in January to go on mat leave, I figure I should read it before I leave.  It's a hefty read (944 pages!) but he's assured me that it's almost impossible to put down once you begin.  I haven't read many big books this year, so this will be a good one.

4. The Constant Princess - Philippa Gregory
This also might be cheating, just a little bit, since I've already started reading this one.  I borrowed it from a friend this summer, who told me that I should read it before The Other Boleyn Girl (which, I think, was on my summer TBR list -- whoops!).  I read the first 100 pages or so, but then had to put it aside in favour of some library books and haven't been back yet.  I was enjoying it, and have been meaning to read more historical fiction lately.

5. The Casual Vacancy - J.K. Rowling
I'm sure that I'm not the only one who's SUPER EXCITED to see what Ms. Rowling comes up with in her first book for adults.  I'm so hoping that it's awesome, because if not I'm going to be supremely disappointed.

I definitely plan to read more than five books this fall, but I have quite a few books on hold at the library that are still "on order."  Not sure which ones will come in this fall, or possibly not 'til the wintertime, but maybe this will increase my chances of actually FINISHING a TBR list, since it's only half of my usual attempt!  What are you all planning to read this fall?  Leave me a comment and I'll stop by your blog too!

7 comments:

  1. I made my list of 10, but who knows if I'll get to more than 1-2 of them... it's a tricky business, making lists. I haven't read any Perkins (need to do that), and add me to the list of those curious about Rowling's latest. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the most I've read off any of my TBR lists is four, so I thought I'd up my chances on this one =) I just started Lola and it's super good so far! Hope that you enjoy Perkins as much as I do =)

      Delete
  2. Lola was on my list too, it's been ages since I read Anna and yet I still haven't got round to it! I'm glad you enjoyed Anna, loved your review as that's exactly how I felt about it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kit! I haven't written such a gushy review for a while, but there was definitely some hardcore book lovin' going on there. Just started Lola and it's equally wonderful so far.

      Delete
  3. The Casual Vacancy... I'm also looking forward to reading it :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! And I think that there are many of us that are secretly hoping that it will be another Harry Potter -- all grown up? I know that it won't be, but it doesn't hurt to hope, right?

      Delete
  4. Definately better late than never. The Casual Vacancy made my list too :)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! I will always return the favour whenever I can!!

Flexible Template by ScreenWritersArena

Custom Design by Lea Christine Designs