8/21/12

Tune in Tuesday [10] - August 21


Tune in Tuesday is hosted by GReads. Only one week to go until the release of Alanis Morissette's newest album, "Havoc and Bright Lights."  Can I just say for a moment how unbelievably excited I am for this album?!?  I've been re-listening to all of her other albums for the past few weeks, on my drive to and from work, and I just can't wait to see what she comes up with next.

In the meantime, here's one of my favourites of her older tracks, "This Grudge."  I purchased this CD during the summer of 2004, when I was taking summer courses at UVic.  This song immediately resonated with me, as I was still working through the residual hurt over ending my relationship with my high school sweetheart.  I'm sure that I filled up just as many journals, rehashing our tormented love, but Alanis' words about the fact that holding onto a grudge only hurts the one who is holding the grudge really hit home.  I realized that he had moved on, and it was time for me to do so too.  Looking back at the past only prevents us from moving forward into what the future holds.  And you know what?  I met my future husband very shortly afterwards.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! I will always return the favour whenever I can!!

Flexible Template by ScreenWritersArena

Custom Design by Lea Christine Designs