8/31/12

TGIF [15] - August 31


Happy Friday Everyone!

TGIF is hosted, as always, by Greads. This week's question is: Choose Your Next Read: How do you go about choosing what you read next? Do you have a schedule you follow, or do you read whatever makes you happy at the moment?

I've been posting my top ten books to read this winter/spring/summer/fall as part of The Broke and Bookish's Top Ten Tuesday feature, but have failed miserably at reading the books that I set out to read each season.  Generally, the books that I read are dictated by what's come in at the library, since I read the library books before going to my shelves of unread books.  And, as I am a very frequent patron at the library, there are a LOT of books that are unread on my shelves!  When I am taking a break from library books, I will always choose whatever makes me happy.  Sometimes, when decisions are difficult to make, I'll lay out six or so books on the dining room table and ask my husband to decide for me.  And once, during this decision making process, my cat sat down on City of Lost Souls, so I picked that book (if the cat chose it, it was destined to be good, right?!?)

2 comments:

  1. Sometimes I feel like I lose a day or two between books just deciding what to read next! Even when I have a *list* to follow, I can be so indecisive at times. I love the idea of having my husband choose for me! (Or cat, if I had one lol!) I am totally going to do this next time I can't decide.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You could have your adorable dog choose your next book =) My husband also has a container filled with the names of books that he wants to read (written on little scraps of paper). When he's choosing his next book, he likes to pick one out of the jar! I totally know what you mean about being indecisive about the next book on the reading pile, especially when I'm having trouble getting into a book. I feel like I have ADD, picking up and putting down one book after the other!

      Delete

I love comments! I will always return the favour whenever I can!!

Flexible Template by ScreenWritersArena

Custom Design by Lea Christine Designs